FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Banana Daiquire Question (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/66223-banana-daiquire-question.html)

Von Fourche 26-07-2005 04:27 AM

Banana Daiquire Question

I made my first Banana Daiquiri tonight. It didn't really turn out that
good. A little too runny. Here is the recipe I used:

1 and 1/2oz light rum
1 TBLE spoon triple sec
1 banana
1 and 1/2 lime juice
1 TS spoon sugar
1 cup of crushed ice

Ok, I put all this in the blender and blended on low for five seconds.
Then blended on high for about thirty seconds to a minute more.

I thought it came out too watery. Would blending it more have caused it
to firm up? I'm a newbie to blending so I no nothing about the basics of
blending. How long should I have blended it? What could I have done to
firm it up?

Thanks!

Paul Knorr 26-07-2005 07:37 PM

To firm it up you would either have to reduce the liquid or add more
ice. Blending it longer makes the ice pieces finer and makes them
melt faster - making the drink even more watery.

Try this:

2 Oz Rum
1 Oz Triple Sec
splash of lime juice
1 banana

Then blend with ice, adding ice until you reach the consistency you're
looking for.

-Paul

www.barback.com

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:27:58 GMT, "Von Fourche"

Von Fourche 27-07-2005 12:17 AM

"Paul Knorr" > wrote in message
> To firm it up you would either have to reduce the liquid or add more
> ice. Blending it longer makes the ice pieces finer and makes them
> melt faster - making the drink even more watery.
>
> Try this:
>
> 2 Oz Rum
> 1 Oz Triple Sec
> splash of lime juice
> 1 banana
>
> Then blend with ice, adding ice until you reach the consistency you're
> looking for.

Do I blend without the ice first? Then slowly add the ice?

Thanks

Paul Knorr 27-07-2005 09:55 PM

Start with a little bit of ice (1/2 to 3/4 cup) and add until you get
it where you want it. Blending it in a blender without ice will make
a frothy mess.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:17:32 GMT, "Von Fourche"
> wrote:

.. .