FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Wine Breather (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/66222-wine-breather.html)

Thomas Anderson 26-07-2005 01:46 AM

Wine Breather

Recently found a product on ebay called the wine breather. They say that it
improves wine by sending air through the wine in the bottle. Wondered if
anyone has experience with this product before I bid.

Thanks

Thomas

Paul Knorr 26-07-2005 07:41 PM

Air is death for wine - as soon as the wine hits the air it starts to
oxidize and go bad. Almost always letting wine breathe is a bad idea
- it does nothing to improve the wine and can make it worse. The
exception is more immature wine that needs to "breathe" for a period
of time to reach it's peak.

Here's a link to an article on the "Wine Lover's Page" on letting wine
breathe:

http://www.wineloverspage.com/winead...wa010709.shtml

-Paul Knorr

www.barback.com

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:46:21 GMT, "Thomas Anderson"