FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Are You Absinthe Experienced? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/61811-you-absinthe-experienced.html)

a salasky 31-05-2005 03:37 AM

Are You Absinthe Experienced?

Absinthe...Anyone have experience either buying, making your own or
drinking.
Thanks

Oxymel of Squill 02-06-2005 08:57 PM

yep, asked the waiter about it on an overnight stop driving through France.
He winked, disappeared and returned with a wine bottle with the label
scribbled out and the word absinthe written in biro. Companion took a sip
and went Waaa, self of course couldn't be so girly and downed the glass, but
the mattress kept throwing me all over the place all night.

An IRA terrorist I knew who kept a gun under the floorboards at a
girlfriend's house once came up with some poteen (Sp??) which had less of a
kick but was in the same league. Didn't taste of aniseed though