FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Red wine question (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/56671-red-wine-question.html)

[email protected] 16-03-2005 02:01 PM

Red wine question

Is it possible to ferment my girlfriend's period juice, and turn it
into homemade red wine?

I'm curious.

Rob 16-03-2005 03:42 PM

It depends how sweet she is. Based on your posting, I'm going to guess
that it would make a fat, flabby wine with no taste to speak of.
Unrefined, and probably tart-ish. Bulk aging would be obvious.
Finally, I am going to guess that using a screw-cap is not in your
future.

Please find another hobby, perhaps one that requires absolutely no
interaction with the rest of the species.

Arthur 16-03-2005 03:58 PM

Can't do it with yeast, not even with wild yeast that may come with the
juice. You'll need Devine Grace to pull it off.

Bob 16-03-2005 08:44 PM

"Rob" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It depends how sweet she is. Based on your posting, I'm going to guess
> that it would make a fat, flabby wine with no taste to speak of.
> Unrefined, and probably tart-ish. Bulk aging would be obvious.
> Finally, I am going to guess that using a screw-cap is not in your
> future.
>
> Please find another hobby, perhaps one that requires absolutely no
> interaction with the rest of the species.

Possibly suicide?