Inkeola

Default Infusion cocktails.

It used to be vodka was best spirit for making flavor infusion cocktails but
something smoother has made its début. Could this be the end of vodka?

It may not be the end of vodka but it definitely gives the vodka makers a
run for their money. S Guaro is new to the USA market even though it has
been produced in Costa Rica for over 150 years. The stuff is distilled in
Costa Rica from sugar cane in instead of potatoes or grain and they use a
similar process the vodka makers do......it's just not vodka. The best
thing about S Guaro is that it is so pure. There are no additives or
impurities like other spirits. Of course being a distilled spirit there are
no carbs or sugars either! Someone was bragging to me how Guaro won't give
you a hangover and after extensive testing by yours truly I have found this
to be amazingly true. I have been a long time Skyy drinker because of its
purity pitch. I just hated the harsh taste and burn of Skyy. Guaro is so
smooth you can barely tell it is in a mixed drink.

If you want to try infusions do it with S. S Guaro has a smoothness that
won't interfere with the flavors of fruit, nuts or herbs. Infusing some S
Guaro with citrus and cucumbers makes for an amazing springtime cocktail. I
like a sprig of rosemary and some lemon peel in mine! I made some crazy
flavors with bananas and walnuts too. Try soaking a vanilla bean or some
dried cranberries in a bottle you will be blown away at how the flavors POP!

This is the end of vodka for me.I have a new favorite and its called S!

Their web site: www.sguaro.com

Cheers all!

~Jay

DrinkBoy

Inkeola wrote:
> ...The stuff is distilled in Costa Rica from sugar cane in instead
> of potatoes or grain and they use a similar process the vodka
> makers do......it's just not vodka...

---------------------------

Based on the description, this is either rum, or vodka, but not
something new.

(note: vodka -can- be made from sugar cane)

-Robert Hess
www.DrinkBoy.com

Inkeola

"Guaro" is recognized in the USA as an entirely new category of spirit.

It is not distilled or aged like rum and there are no sugars introduced
after distillation. There are zero detected impurities (congeners) in S
Guaro, it is that pure!

S Guaro is custom distilled in Costa Rica and then blended with Rocky
Mountain spring water in the USA similar to the process used with top shelf
vodkas. It is still not classed as vodka however.

The local government produced (Costa Rica) guaros have been compared to
cachasa from Brazil. "S GUARO" now being sold in the USA has been compared
to the world's best vodkas. So you can make you own call on what it is. One
thing to note, guaro has been the national spirit of Costa Rica for over 150
years. So you are right guaro is not new, it's just new to the US market.

~Jay In'Keola

"DrinkBoy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Inkeola wrote:
> > ...The stuff is distilled in Costa Rica from sugar cane in instead
> > of potatoes or grain and they use a similar process the vodka
> > makers do......it's just not vodka...

> ---------------------------
>
> Based on the description, this is either rum, or vodka, but not
> something new.
>
> (note: vodka -can- be made from sugar cane)
>
> -Robert Hess
> www.DrinkBoy.com

267 Infusion jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 2 26-04-2009 01:22 AM
One 3-min infusion vs 3 1-min infusions? Square Peg Tea 10 03-09-2008 01:54 PM
Tea infusion cos Tea 3 25-01-2007 08:57 AM
?TEA FOR LONG INFUSION? Raicu Tea 2 07-05-2004 02:06 PM
infusion confusion Steven Hay Tea 3 27-10-2003 01:52 AM