Marcus

Default Tequila Help

Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting for
margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?

Thanks!
Marcus

tacoz

Marcus wrote:
> Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

for
> margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?
>
> Thanks!
> Marcus

Actually a=F1ejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
order a=F1ejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
the a=F1ejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.

Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html

Marcus

"tacoz" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Marcus wrote:
> Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

for
> margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?
>
> Thanks!
> Marcus

Actually añejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
order añejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
the añejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.

Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html

Thanks. I tend to prefer mixed drinks, but I will try sipping the anejo, and
I will read more at the above website. I had never heard of a sangrita, but
I found this recipe, along with one for a Vampiro, and I will give both a
shot....or two;>).

Marcus

"Marcus" > wrote in message

> "tacoz" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> Marcus wrote:
>> Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

> for
>> margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Marcus

> Actually añejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
> order añejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
> the añejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
> Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.
>
> Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html
>
> Thanks. I tend to prefer mixed drinks, but I will try sipping the anejo,
> and I will read more at the above website. I had never heard of a
> sangrita, but I found this recipe, along with one for a Vampiro, and I
> will give both a shot....or two;>).

Here's the link:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/bevalc/bevalc132.html

Marcus

Tequila Robbie Hatley General 3 17-06-2006 04:03 AM
Tequila-lime shrimp (or other tequila recipes)? serene General Cooking 15 04-08-2005 01:59 AM
Tequila Help Marcus General 0 18-02-2005 02:34 AM
tequila-like looking for US marketer fox boy Wine 12 04-03-2004 12:54 AM
... about Tequila E.F. General 1 13-12-2003 04:28 AM