Old 18-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Marcus

Default Tequila Help

Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting for
margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?

Thanks!
Marcus

Old 22-02-2005, 10:54 AM
tacoz

Marcus wrote:
Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

for
margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?

Thanks!
Marcus

Actually a=F1ejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
order a=F1ejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
the a=F1ejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.

Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html

Old 26-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Marcus

"tacoz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Marcus wrote:
Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

for
margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?

Thanks!
Marcus

Actually añejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
order añejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
the añejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.

Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html

Thanks. I tend to prefer mixed drinks, but I will try sipping the anejo, and
I will read more at the above website. I had never heard of a sangrita, but
I found this recipe, along with one for a Vampiro, and I will give both a
shot....or two;).

Old 27-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Marcus

"Marcus" wrote in message

"tacoz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Marcus wrote:
Bought some 1800 Anejo. Nice, but a little dark and strong-tasting

for
margaritas. Any other suggestions for a mixed drink with this stuff?

Thanks!
Marcus

Actually añejos are meant to be sipped on their own. In Mexico if you
order añejo you'll most likely get a sangrita as well to sip alongside
the añejo but sipping it like a cognac is the preferred method.
Usually the blancos (or even a reposado) are used for mixing.

Mo http://www.abury.co.za/tacoz/reifer.html

Thanks. I tend to prefer mixed drinks, but I will try sipping the anejo,
and I will read more at the above website. I had never heard of a
sangrita, but I found this recipe, along with one for a Vampiro, and I
will give both a shot....or two;).

Here's the link:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/bevalc/bevalc132.html

Tequila Robbie Hatley General 3 17-06-2006 04:03 AM
Tequila-lime shrimp (or other tequila recipes)? serene General Cooking 15 04-08-2005 01:59 AM
Tequila Help Marcus General 0 18-02-2005 01:34 AM
tequila-like looking for US marketer fox boy Wine 12 03-03-2004 11:54 PM
... about Tequila E.F. General 1 13-12-2003 03:28 AM