FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   'White' Reds and serving temp. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/52516-white-reds-serving-temp.html)

KeemunBLK 26-01-2005 12:31 AM

'White' Reds and serving temp.

I recently picked up a 'white' shiraz in the grocery store. My question
is: How does one treat such a wine? Is it served at the temperature
reds are normally served, or should it be more chilled like whites?

[email protected] 03-02-2005 09:06 PM

KeemunBLK wrote:
> I recently picked up a 'white' shiraz in the grocery store. My

question
> is: How does one treat such a wine? Is it served at the temperature
> reds are normally served, or should it be more chilled like whites?

I had the exact same question when I picked up a 'white' pinot (not a
pinot blanc). It had the look of a zinf'. I just started getting into
wines, so having something neither red nor white really threw me. =)
Glad to know I'm not the only one who questioned it. I figured I'd
fridge it for about 30 minutes and then keep trying it slowly as it
warmed down to room temp until I found the best temp.
Not sure I did...will have to try again.... =)

[email protected] 04-02-2005 11:35 PM

: KeemunBLK wrote:
:> I recently picked up a 'white' shiraz in the grocery store. My
: question
:> is: How does one treat such a wine? Is it served at the temperature
:> reds are normally served, or should it be more chilled like whites?

: I had the exact same question when I picked up a 'white' pinot (not a
: pinot blanc). It had the look of a zinf'. I just started getting into
: wines, so having something neither red nor white really threw me. =)
: Glad to know I'm not the only one who questioned it. I figured I'd
: fridge it for about 30 minutes and then keep trying it slowly as it
: warmed down to room temp until I found the best temp.
: Not sure I did...will have to try again.... =)

"zinf'" is a red wine, just like Pinot Noir. You're probably thinking
of White Zinfandel, which is the same type of ******* wine as White Pinot
or White Shiraz.

KeemunBLK 15-02-2005 07:25 PM

wrote:
> "zinf'" is a red wine, just like Pinot Noir.

I know this, because Tyler knows this.

>You're probably thinking of White Zinfandel, which is the same type of

> ******* wine as White Pinot or White Shiraz.

Hey, it may be a '*******' but it sure is tasty to me. I decided on
serving it chilled like a white. If the experts think I'm 'wrong', so
be it. Works for me.