OgdredPoski

Default Snow drinks?

Hey everyone-

We just got our first shilly blast of snow up here in Chicago, and,
being the creative drinker that I am, I was wondering if anyone knew of
any drinks whose recipie called for snow. There are plenty of drinks
with "snow" in the title, but I'm looking for something that puts all
of that lovely white stuff to good use. THanks for your help!
~OgdredPoski

Jeremiah T. Isaacs

OgdredPoski > wrote:
> We just got our first shilly blast of snow up here in Chicago, and,
> being the creative drinker that I am, I was wondering if anyone knew of
> any drinks whose recipie called for snow. There are plenty of drinks
> with "snow" in the title, but I'm looking for something that puts all
> of that lovely white stuff to good use. THanks for your help!

Just make sure to boil the snow first, and then run it thru a
purifier, or distill it. Then you can use it to make watered down scotch.

Really, I can't think of much worse besides maybe scraping the ice off
of my car windows to use in a drink. Get an icee maker, or visit
Circle-11, pour out 1/3 of a slurpee and fill back up with
vodka. (Maybe with some consumer pressure they will introduce new
Crystal Slurpee.)

- j
--
http://www.io.com/~jti/ drivel, in esperanto, new and improved
http://gin.porniverse.com all about gin
Aleksi Kallio

> We just got our first shilly blast of snow up here in Chicago, and,
> being the creative drinker that I am, I was wondering if anyone knew of
> any drinks whose recipie called for snow. There are plenty of drinks
> with "snow" in the title, but I'm looking for something that puts all
> of that lovely white stuff to good use. THanks for your help!

How about mixing it with pure alcohol? That might kill all the bacteria...

Finnish kids are told not to eat snow, because you can catch all kinds
of things from it. But everybody does eat it, so it really isn't that
dangerous. But somehow I feel that a big city like Chicago might not be
the best place for finding drinkable snow...