bungernut

Default Brandy and other fruit based alcholic drinks

(kirkg) writes:
> > Does anybody have any tips on ways to drink brandy? I have tried

it
> > mixed with water and straight. I thought it was much better

straight.
> > I wonder if it's good with milk or hot chocolate. I'll have to

try.

> Good brandy is good straight.
>
> Other ways to drink brandy: there are many cocktails which include
> brandy as an ingredient. A brandy sour, for example, is brandy,

lemon
> juice, and sugar. A Brandy Alexander is brandy, white creme de

cacao,
> and cream, with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Brandy also tastes very

good
> in hot apple cider.
>
> > What brands are good? The only brand I have tried is Paul Masson.

> > figured the bottles with cork tops would be better than the bottles
> > with screw on tops. The local ABC store does not have much of a
> > selection.

> Price is a good indicator -- generally, the more it costs, the better
> it is (unfortunately!) And the more you spend, the smaller the

quality
> increments are. The difference between a $20 bottle and a $10 bottle
> is greater than the difference between a $30 and a $20.
>
> Also consider Calvados, which is apple brandy.
>
> --
> /\ "How to Lose Weight, Increase Your Sex Appeal and Make a

Fortune on the
> \_][ Information Superhighway" would outsell the Bible, at least

briefly.
> \___http://www.ucar.edu/dss/ilana.html

(C. Arthur)

A good brandy is NOT to be mixed and costs about 40$ a bottle. Some of
my favorites are IMOYA VSOP, Cerbois VSOP, and Armangac de Montel. You
need to get a brandy sniffer to fully enjoy the spirit though and for a
newbie I recommend finding a friend who has the supplies before making
the envestment. I pitty the fool that drinks Christian Brothers and
E&J, they are nasty. For a first bottle try IMOYA found at any good
licquor store.

brandy weevr Winemaking 11 09-07-2010 12:28 PM
HOW U CAN START A HOME BASED BUSINESSARE YOU THINKING TO HAVE A HOME BASED BUSINESS nancy[_3_] General Cooking 3 13-11-2007 12:24 AM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM
zombie - apricot brandy, or brandy liqueur? Mike General 0 17-04-2004 07:30 PM
Brandy Peter General 0 26-12-2003 08:18 PM