Default Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference?

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.

So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

Arri London

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

> I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
> products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.
>
> So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
> Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

The lime cordial is a syrup containing sugar as well as lime juice.
The lime juice is just that; juice and perhaps a preservative.
Paul Knorr

Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
alcohol.

-Paul
www.barback.com

On 20 Dec 2004 16:51:55 -0800, wrote:

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

>I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
>products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.
>
>So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
>Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

Gabby

"Paul Knorr" > wrote in message
> Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
> has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
> usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
> vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
> alcohol.

There's Rose's Lime Cordial which you mix with water or club soda 3:1 to
make a drink then there's Rose's Unsweetened Lime Juice From Concentrate.
Two very different products, neither of them contains alcohol.

Gabby

Arri London

Paul Knorr wrote:

> Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
> has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
> usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
> vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
> alcohol.
>
> -Paul
> www.barback.com

Rose's Lime Cordial doesn't contain alcohol. Cordials were originally
believed to have health-giving properties, especially for the heart;
hence the name. They may or may not contain alcohol.
Arri London

Paul Knorr wrote:

> Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
> has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
> usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
> vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
> alcohol.
>
> -Paul
> www.barback.com

Rose's Lime Cordial doesn't contain alcohol. Cordials were originally
believed to have health-giving properties, especially for the heart;
hence the name. They may or may not contain alcohol.

Rose's Lime Cordial
(purchased at a grocery store in Ontario, Canada)

736 ml / 26 fl oz. bottle
Product of USA
Trademark of L. Rose and Company
Authorized User: Cadbury Beverages Canada Inc.
Mott's Division, Mississauga Ontario

Ingredients:
Water, Sugar, Concentrated lime juice, citric acid, natural flavors,
sodium metabisuphite, colors.

For free recipies call 1-800-270-9905

Barcode: 065912004119

No alcohol listed on the label (and if it had more than 0.5% alcohol
then it couldn't be sold at the store where it was bought anyway).

So why does the label identify this as "lime cordial" and not "lime
juice"?

Does it go by the name "lime cordial" in the UK, and hence they thought
that it should have the same label in Canada?

Do they think that the customer is looking to make an alcoholic drink
with it (ie a "cordial") and hence they slap the "cordial" label on it,
thinking that "lime juice" would be interpreted as an ordinary cooking
ingredient instead of a component of a mixed drink?

MOMPEAGRAM

I would think lime juice would have no sugar in it.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Rose's Lime Cordial
> (purchased at a grocery store in Ontario, Canada)
>
> 736 ml / 26 fl oz. bottle
> Product of USA
> Trademark of L. Rose and Company
> Authorized User: Cadbury Beverages Canada Inc.
> Mott's Division, Mississauga Ontario
>
> Ingredients:
> Water, Sugar, Concentrated lime juice, citric acid, natural flavors,
> sodium metabisuphite, colors.
>
> For free recipies call 1-800-270-9905
>
> Barcode: 065912004119
>
> No alcohol listed on the label (and if it had more than 0.5% alcohol
> then it couldn't be sold at the store where it was bought anyway).
>
> So why does the label identify this as "lime cordial" and not "lime
> juice"?
>
> Does it go by the name "lime cordial" in the UK, and hence they thought
> that it should have the same label in Canada?
>
> Do they think that the customer is looking to make an alcoholic drink
> with it (ie a "cordial") and hence they slap the "cordial" label on it,
> thinking that "lime juice" would be interpreted as an ordinary cooking
> ingredient instead of a component of a mixed drink?

Gabby