Gravy

Default 1930s Schnapps bottle

Hi, I'm involved in a theatre production of 'Cabaret'. We're trying
to find out what a 1930s bottle of Schnapps would look like, the style
of the bottle, label etc.

If anyone knows what these bottle would look like or if they have any
pictures, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

John nugent
Matt Probert

On 3 Nov 2004 06:44:49 -0800 (Gravy) broke off from
drinking a cup of tea at
http://groups.google.com to write:

>Hi, I'm involved in a theatre production of 'Cabaret'. We're trying
>to find out what a 1930s bottle of Schnapps would look like, the style
>of the bottle, label etc.
>
>If anyone knows what these bottle would look like or if they have any
>pictures, your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>John nugent

It's a long shot, but try:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Isle-Of-Wi...isplayZ2QQtZkm

They claim "Isle of Wine…purveyors of rare and unusual drinking.
Looking for something different? Unusual? Romantic even? We have a
very large range of Ports, Clarets, Burgundies, Premium Wines and
Miniatures dating back to the 1920’s".

Otherwise, try a German museum ?

Matt

--
Over 16,000 searchable slang definitions from around
the 'English' speaking world.

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/slang.htm
Matt Probert