FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Grapefruit diet. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/412647-grapefruit-diet.html)

Jacobb 11-11-2011 07:50 AM

Grapefruit diet.

Grapefruit, is an excellent source, of vitamin C. But I am interested about the substance called pectin. I heard that the red grapefruit, juice lower the cholesterol level. Have you tried this diet? Does it, really help people that have high triglycerides levels?

RussianFoodDire 16-05-2012 07:51 AM

Red Grapefruit contains more bio-active compounds and antioxidant properties than white grapefruit, and it is especially beneficial in treating high triglycerides, lowering triglyceride levels by 17.2 percent after only 30 days of adding it to the diet.