FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Is Milk, Good For You. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/411056-milk-good-you.html)

Ezekiel 15-09-2011 07:31 AM

Is Milk, Good For You.

I've heard many people say that milk is great for you, and that it helps build your strength and keeps your bones strong. On the other side I've heard, lots say that Milk is terrible for you and has negative effects on your body. What's the truth?

haleymcadams1 15-09-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel (Post 1660866)
I've heard many people say that milk is great for you, and that it helps build your strength and keeps your bones strong. On the other side I've heard, lots say that Milk is terrible for you and has negative effects on your body. What's the truth?

It's actually quite a debatable issue. But I found a blog that can help you with your question. The blogger sorted out the pros and cons of MILK. You might want to check it out if you want to. nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/is-milk-bad.aspx.

buddinggourmet 24-09-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie123 (Post 1661262)
Milk and dairy products are providers of calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and protein which are all essential for healthy bone growth and development.

CalgryDialBotle 28-09-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel (Post 1660866)
I've heard many people say that milk is great for you, and that it helps build your strength and keeps your bones strong. On the other side I've heard, lots say that Milk is terrible for you and has negative effects on your body. What's the truth?

Milk is good only if you have the particular enzyme complex called rennet. As people grow older, this enzyme is produced in decreasing quantities. So its quite debatable whether milk is good for everyone. Also, many people have lactose intolerance.

haleymcadams1 28-09-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgryDialBotle (Post 1665408)
Milk is good only if you have the particular enzyme complex called rennet. As people grow older, this enzyme is produced in decreasing quantities. So its quite debatable whether milk is good for everyone. Also, many people have lactose intolerance.

Rennet huh?! Interesting. I search over Google, and I found out that there is a commercialized Rennet that you can buy $5 - $19 on online stores.

hotelscyprus 05-10-2011 07:56 PM

Milk is very good if you are a growing kid and when you cross 30.. you must minimize the intake of milk because of fat. Generally milk is good in all aspect.

sasha001 11-10-2011 07:53 AM

Drinking milk every day is good for your bones, I drink a glass of milk everyday in the morning....

Charlieadam 17-11-2011 07:19 AM

yeah...i love to drink milk daily...i take atleast two glass of milk daily...

tariff0540 02-12-2011 10:04 AM

Milk is always good for health.

AlexJ 20-01-2012 03:08 PM

milk is always good for health.. i don't think that milk is harmful for your health. and also i drink milk daily before going to sleep...

goodfood 31-03-2012 08:29 AM

Excess of everything is bad but if taken according body needs and health milk always an healthier option.

blunderbuss 26-04-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodfood (Post 1728597)
Excess of everything is bad but if taken according body needs and health milk always an healthier option.

That's exactly what I think as well. Too much of something is never good. Listen to your body.

ReinaFery 11-05-2012 10:27 AM

yes , it is good.It contains Vitamin A.

RussianFoodDire 15-05-2012 01:54 PM

Milk is important for our body. It contains calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and protein which are helpful for our health.

Bieber 31-05-2012 05:29 AM

Milk is very important for the children of growing age. it is also good for adult. it has iron, calcium, magnesium and all the things which are good for our body. it keeps our bones strong and it speeds up our hormones which is used to grow height. it is used to keep stains away from your skin.

For more details Click Here

Brewster 17-08-2012 08:08 AM

Hi all
Milk is good for health and body muscles milk good for bones and week guys.Milk have a many vitamins and calories they good for health and body cells.
Milk also good for brain and hair.Milk contains protein, which helps to rebuild muscles. Drink a glass of milk after you exercise to give your body what it needs to recover. It will help to keep soreness at bay while replenishing fluids that you lost during your workout.

Swimming Pool Gold Coast

Quillan 23-08-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianFoodDire (Post 1740635)
Milk is important for our body. It contains calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and protein which are helpful for our health.

In my opinion milk is so good for health.It is a proper diet.This is true that is provides strength and power to body.Milk is full of nutrition and its taste is also so good.It has vitamin A which is so good for eye sight and skin.Milk is good for bones and teeth.There are lots of benefits of it.

Tacoma weight loss