FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   How do food addictions and allergies work? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/409123-how-do-food-addictions.html)

wingmark 11-07-2011 09:21 AM

How do food addictions and allergies work?

Hi,

I read that food allergies can become addictions because our bodies craves the food we are allergic to (some, not all obviously) and can lead to the addiction of that food. This is counter intuitive on so many levels lol So maybe I understood incorrectly.

Can someone explain the link between food allergy and addiction? Is this pseudoscience or real? How does it work?

Regards