Experienced Member

Default Is yogurt a good weight loss food?

Many people think that yogurt is one good food for weight loss, so they drink it much everyday. In fact, it’s wrong. Just like chocolate, yogurt contains much calorie, but not as muxh as coffee. If you drink it too much after meals, the exccesive calorie can be absorbed into bodies and turn into fat as well. You are advised to drink 125 - 250 ml per day, half an hour after meals. Dairy food can be good for food if you can keep a cup of milk in the morning and a cup of yogurt in the evening.
Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy007 View Post
Many people think that yogurt is one good food for weight loss, so they drink it much everyday. In fact, it’s wrong. Just like chocolate, yogurt contains much calorie, but not as muxh as coffee. If you drink it too much after meals, the exccesive calorie can be absorbed into bodies and turn into fat as well. You are advised to drink 125 - 250 ml per day, half an hour after meals. Dairy food can be good for food if you can keep a cup of milk in the morning and a cup of yogurt in the evening.
Hi,,,
A lot of people believe that this Yogurt is rich in fat and carbs but I have read a recent research.As per this research the Yogurt.It helps you revamp your fat-burning engines, speed weight loss, and trim your tummy, according to a new study.
Banned

Location: USA

We are very failure in diet plans, but Chinese and Japanese have knowledge and all tricks, In fact french ladies remove their fat by eating yogurt, American women also follow love yogurt as much as french, Check history..
Member

Yogurt is one of the best healthiest food and is very good for the health. Yogurt helps in preventing and killing the bacteria that causes infection. Taking consumption of low-fat yogurt twice a day as a healthy diet,doing exercise regularly will help you a lot in losing weight.
Member

There are two opposed threaded comments. But I've been experimenting with yogurt. It really helped me lose weight.

Member

I don’t think so because yogurt makes calories inside our body therefore it is not suitable food to lose weight.

Last edited by Nealan1 : 18-08-2011 at 10:48 AM
Member

Nice sharing.
Honestly low fat or no fat yogurt is one of the BEST snacks when one is on a diet. It is my own experience. You should be getting most of the calcium you get a day from yogurt.
Member

Just make sure to read the label to avoid a sweetener found in many diet yogurt, yogurt, especially the United States.
Banned

I read an article in the Huffington Post that yogurt can actually lose weight. Here is a snippet of the article:

Quote:
But yogurt is the exception to the rule. Yogurt is a low-fat food packed with calcium as well as protein. It provides all the benefits of dairy without the added fat or calories, and actually contains more calcium and protein per serving than other dairy product because of the way it is made.

Yogurt specifically has been studied as a calcium-rich food that helps burn fat and promotes weight loss. A University of Tennessee study in 2005 shows that dieters who ate three servings of yogurt a day lost 22% more weight and 61% more body fat than those who simply cut calories and didn't add calcium to their eating plan. Those that lost the most weight were also able to protect their lean muscle mass, which is critical when dieting, because the muscle mass is essential for maintaining high metabolism.

source:Dr. Eric Braverman: For Consistent Weight Loss, Eat Yogurt Every Day
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiopdaker View Post
Yoghert has many health benefits. It promote digestive health and boost the immune system but as far as weight loss is concerned, yoghert is a dairy product which is rich in fats so it is not helpful to reduce weight.
I think yogurt helps burn fat and promote weight loss. There is actually a study conducted that proves that yogurts helps in weight loss - fat free yogurt plus regular exercise.

Member

According to new research yogurt is considered a fat burning diet. As most of the fat contained in the milk is taken as cream and the remaining milk will be turned into yogurt. So it safe for your healthy and help speeding up the fat burning process.
Senior Member

Location: New York

When you eat yogurt, the calcium signals your fat cells to pump out less cortisol, making it easier for you to drop pounds, while the amino acids help burn fat. So, it is really helpful in weight loss.
Member

Hi all

Fresh fruit are good for health loss weight.ogurt could help in digestion if it taken in proper amount. If we take it in much amount it will be harmful to our body and the belly fat will become worse. 1 yogurt per day is enough and it is better to mix fruits with the low sugar yogurt than eating too sweet yogurt.

Swimming Pool Gold Coast

Last edited by Brewster : 29-08-2012 at 09:12 AM
Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy007 View Post
Many people think that yogurt is one good food for weight loss, so they drink it much everyday. In fact, it’s wrong. Just like chocolate, yogurt contains much calorie, but not as muxh as coffee. If you drink it too much after meals, the exccesive calorie can be absorbed into bodies and turn into fat as well. You are advised to drink 125 - 250 ml per day, half an hour after meals. Dairy food can be good for food if you can keep a cup of milk in the morning and a cup of yogurt in the evening.
I don't agree with this idea that yogurt increases weight.It have heard about it that it is useful for losing weight.It increases muscles and burn fasts.But one thing we all know that excess of anything is bad.So drink it in safe quantity and got positive results.
Senior Member

You should try Spring hill farm Gluten free yoghurt..may be its help in weight loose !!

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfood View Post
You should try Spring hill farm Gluten free yoghurt..may be its help in weight loose !!
I do like yogurt for fat loss -- 0% Fat Greek Yogurt in fact. I usually buy either the 0% ***e brand or 0% Trader Joe's Greek Yogurt, both are good. The Trader Joes brand for example has 120 cal, 6 g sugar, and 22 g of protein per 1 cup serving. Add a couple packets of Splenda and it's delicious.

When I'm cutting, I try to keep sugar intake to a minimum and try to stretch my calories with the most food for the least amount of calories. By this measure, the Greek Yogurt holds up pretty well - a great protein amount to calorie ratio, right up there with cottage cheese (which I also eat while cutting).

weight loss Jarrod Harris Diabetic 1 07-06-2012 12:45 AM
31 day weight loss ass General Cooking 0 14-03-2012 03:24 PM
Natural weight loss tactics to lose weight forever and never gain itback. All the weight-loss secrets! mada General Cooking 0 18-08-2010 03:31 PM
Weight Loss with Tea and Coffee TheGreenBean Tea 0 29-12-2008 03:56 AM
Weight loss [email protected] Diabetic 0 22-12-2007 02:11 PM