FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Request for Alcohol Gift Suggestions (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/401252-request-alcohol-gift-suggestions.html)

T C 10-10-2010 09:44 AM

Request for Alcohol Gift Suggestions

I'd like to get a gift of alcohol for a friend. He let me use his scuba equipment last weekend, and I want to show my gratitude. I think alcohol would be a good gift because this guy likes good food and drink. We go camping together, and he usually brings a flask of vodka, which we pass around to warm ourselves at the campsite. He drinks a brand of vodka I've never heard of. I'm sure it is expensive and unusual. I think a good gift would be something like that -- a quality liquor which isn't well-known. I'd prefer that it not be too expensive, however, since I'm not rich. I did some research on vodka before posting, and I've learned that the best vodkas all taste the same, so maybe a gift of vodka isn't the best option. I know nothing about alcohol myself, but I'm thinking maybe some kind of whiskey would be appropriate. Any suggestions?

-TC