David Berghouse

Default Cocktail of the Week Returns ...

..
'Cocktail of the Week'

A new Cocktail to delight you each week at
http://www.microbiz.com.au/~cocktail/

. This week: Golden Dream

Enjoy !

With compliments, David Berghouse
..

Blair P. Houghton

David Berghouse <cocktail @ microbiz.com.au (remove spaces)> wrote:
>'Cocktail of the Week'
>
> A new Cocktail to delight you each week at
>http://www.microbiz.com.au/~cocktail/

Great!

Send one up!

--Blair
"And some nuts!"
Max Hauser

(I don't suppose you folks realize that one of the things that drove the
beer and wine people away and thus devitalized this venerable old newsgroup
was grotesque cocktails. It was an issue in the late 1980s and finally
boiled over about 10 years ago, causing other groups to split off. Now
rec.food.drink resembles a once-vital city center with deserted streets, old
newspapers blowing around, occasional advertising, but very few people
except the occasional pimp, drunk, or crank ...)

Martin Golding

Default Cheap red wine

On Thu, 06 May 2004 23:44:26 -0700, Max Hauser wrote:

> (I don't suppose you folks realize that one of the things that drove the
> beer and wine people away and thus devitalized this venerable old
> newsgroup was grotesque cocktails. )

Let us re-repulse them. I am sipping a glass of a not-too-toxic two dollar
red wine, a Pasco Grion Cabernet. (Their two dollar merlot is barely
drinkable.) As I approach retirement and my tastebuds deteriorate, the
exquisite quality of excellent wines is less enticing than the low budget
impact of Cheap Red Wine.

What is everybody's favorite CRW, how much, and where do you buy it?

Because I gotta save my money for my old aged Scotch,

Martin
--
Martin Golding | If I'd wanted all that water in my beer,
Dod #0236 KotLQ | why would I have paid so much to have it dehydrated?

Phyllis Weir

Hi Martin

Well actually I was given a recommendation of a good red wine last
week. The person was not sure of the name but it is in Lidl's and
only costs about £3.00. She said it was excellent and tasted like a
really expensive one. However, sorry the only other lead I have is
that its name is "wood" something. I have not been in the shop yet
but I am going to look for it and it should not be too hard to find

Phyllis