The Saint

Default Absinthe Revisited

<zips up his flamesuit as he is reminded about the past posts on this topic,
and ventures ahead...>

Let me start off by saying that I am not interested in the homebrewers.
Nothing personal I simply don't care to experiment with all the recipes and
methods etc. nor do I want to distill anything in my back yard (the
neighbors might frown on it, lol). I am however interested in ordering
absinthe off the internet for personal consumption (in my home in Texas,USA)
and possibly giving as gifts (could there be any repercussions from this?).
I have been doing online research for a few days and now I'd like this
newsgroup's opinion (hopefully including at least a few absinthe drinkers
who order online) regarding choice of brand, choice of distributors and
procedural quirks. Some of the brands I have seen praised are Nouvelle
Orleans (has this been released yet? the review was of a sample) Suisse La
Bleue (although I have read this was the absolute best it was believed
nonexistent by multiple sources however this site
http://www.absinthesuisse.com/ claims to sell it, any experiences with this
distributor?), Un Emile 68, La Fee and Sebor in order from best to not quite
as best, lol. I would also like any input regarding, or experiences with,
the brands Vision and King of Spirits GOLD. I am not under the illusion
that absinthe is like liquid PCP but I am hoping it is not JUST expensive
100+ proof alcohol. Well that's about it. Any and All
advice/corrections/info/opinions(*) will be read and considered. Thanks in
advance!

(*) - non-constructive criticism/attempts to convince me to
homebrew/insults/etc. will be ignored so save your time.

--
So long. Peace on the floor, not on your shoes.

....and the first rule in a gunfight is to bring a gun.

Max Hauser

"The Saint" in ...
> ... I am however interested in ordering
> absinthe off the internet for personal consumption (in my home in

Texas,USA)

If you're interested in anything at all related to this (a topic on
rec.food.drink since at least 1987, though those years are poorly captured
in popular public archives), check the major US Web site on the subject,
below, if you haven't already. As I recall it contains product reviews,
references, technical info, etc etc. I will say that I have tasted some of
these products; one has been described as expensive "Scope mouthwash,"
another as having a "Uranium-green" color -- they are rarely judged very
interesting except to wide-eyed young Americans, and they are uniformly
expensive. (I might humbly suggest instead artisanal Bourbons like Woodford
Reserve, or good single malts, they taste much better, and are much cheaper
too.)

http://www.feeverte.net/

"The Saint" > wrote in message m>...
> <zips up his flamesuit as he is reminded about the past posts on this topic,
> and ventures ahead...>
> I am however interested in ordering
> absinthe off the internet for personal consumption (in my home in Texas,USA)
> and possibly giving as gifts (could there be any repercussions from this?).

In the U.S., absinthe is illegal to sell or distribute for human
consumption. Giving a bottle to a friend as a 'novelty' iteam would
be legal.

Hope I helped some,

www.drinkabsinthe.com

[OT] Absinthe notbob General Cooking 14 30-06-2012 04:13 PM
Burgundy and Absinthe Bill S. Wine 7 05-02-2011 08:23 AM
absinthe for cooking Orson Cart General Cooking 3 01-10-2010 06:00 PM
Welcome Spring with Absinthe mixr General 2 17-07-2010 11:02 AM
OT - Absinthe Robbienorth Wine 11 06-03-2005 08:52 PM