Blair P. Houghton

Default How did this happen?

I was in the grocery store yesterday, and there was this
bottle of Macallan with a nice red lable, "Cask Strength"
it called itself (56.something percent alcohol, it proved
itself).

$29.99.

Looked like a good price for an uncommon brand, so I
brought it home on spec.

Very nice. Had a sort of scotch-bourbon crossbreed thing
going on.

So I looked online to see what it was really worth.

The best price I can find is $52.99. Others show it in
the $60s to the $90s.

What a freakin' score.

--Blair
"Can't go wrong with the Macallan."
Max Hauser

"Blair P. Houghton" in .. .
> I was in the grocery store yesterday, and there was this
> bottle of Macallan with a nice red lable, "Cask Strength"
> it called itself (56.something percent alcohol, it proved
> itself).

Guid stuiff. All the Macallans are guid.

(They used to market a 12, 15, and 18-yr version for their mainstream
products, and a year or two ago the "Cask Strength" replaced the 15, if I
remember right.) All Macallans, even the cheapest, are good classic malts.
Yes, to confirm that, I just opened the Cask Strength -- it's been sitting
opened but unused for a year or two, but is still Guid Stuiff. Strong
nutty sherry cask flavor, like those Scotches they age in multiple casks.
Supporting your comments.

Blair P. Houghton

Max Hauser > wrote:
>"Blair P. Houghton" in .. .
>> I was in the grocery store yesterday, and there was this
>> bottle of Macallan with a nice red lable, "Cask Strength"
>> it called itself (56.something percent alcohol, it proved
>> itself).

>Guid stuiff. All the Macallans are guid.
>
>(They used to market a 12, 15, and 18-yr version for their mainstream
>products, and a year or two ago the "Cask Strength" replaced the 15, if I
>remember right.) All Macallans, even the cheapest, are good classic malts.
>Yes, to confirm that, I just opened the Cask Strength -- it's been sitting
>opened but unused for a year or two, but is still Guid Stuiff. Strong
>nutty sherry cask flavor, like those Scotches they age in multiple casks.
>Supporting your comments.

Ov hud the twenty-five and the thur&ty, and aye, thir guid, but
this stuff has character, it dooz.

--Blair
"She canna take much mor o' this, cap'n!"