Default Purchasing Absinthe while in Amsterdam or Germany

A friend of mine is touring Amsterdam and Germany and I was considering
having her pick up a case of Absinthe. I would rather give her specific
directions as opposed to her trying to figure it out by herself. Can anybody
recommend where and what to buy?

Many thanks!
Vinjo1212

I'm not sure as to the where, but I can tell you to avoid any of the Czech
brands, the best way I've heard them described is "mouthwash".
I don't have a massive amount of experience with different brands of absinthe,
but both Deva and Mari Mayans are quite good.
La Fee is tempting with it's "magic eye" logo, but everything I've heard about
it says that it has a lot of artificial ingredients.
I'd also be careful as to how much you buy if you are in the U.S., as owning
absinthe is "prohibited" but distribution is illegal.

Sinterclause Arrives in Amsterdam Andy General Cooking 5 08-12-2005 04:25 PM
Cooking club in Amsterdam [email protected] General Cooking 1 28-09-2005 10:06 PM
Berlin Vs Amsterdam dgs Beer 6 17-10-2004 03:00 AM
The sushi bar at Amsterdam airport? MahnToh Sushi 2 26-05-2004 11:43 PM
Koln and Amsterdam visit report m.berger Beer 0 01-10-2003 10:02 AM