Old 18-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Lesley Gault

Default Bubbly!!

Can anyone suggest a good bottle of Bubbly at around 20. Usually go
for Moet or Mumm but fancy something different!!

Old 19-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Richard Hurwitz

We like Veuve Clicquot in that price range--Dom Perignon if we're
feeling rich, but try some of the Spanish Cavas. They're usually pretty
good and really inexpensive.

Old 24-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Lesley Gault

Lesley Gault wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good bottle of Bubbly at around 20. Usually go
for Moet or Mumm but fancy something different!!

Thanks for the info I will gie the Veuve Clicquot a go at the
weekend!! I've had a few problems with Cavas in the past - mostly the
sourness of them but will look out for some Spanish ones.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Richard Hurwitz wrote:
We like Veuve Clicquot in that price range--Dom Perignon if we're
feeling rich, but try some of the Spanish Cavas. They're usually pretty
good and really inexpensive.

Dom used to be good, but tastes like paint stripper any more.

Veuve Cliquot is always tasty.

--Blair
"88. Last decent year."

TN: Bubbly Chenin, Dry Riesling DaleW Wine 0 06-08-2014 03:25 AM
Bubbly Gruet lleichtman Wine 0 26-12-2011 06:55 PM
Still bubbly after all this time - what is it? Rob Winemaking 6 11-07-2005 11:45 PM
TN Christmas Eve Bubbly Ed Rasimus Wine 0 25-12-2004 09:05 PM
TN Christmas Eve Bubbly Ed Rasimus Wine 0 25-12-2004 09:05 PM