FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Bubbly!! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/27292-bubbly.html)

Lesley Gault 18-02-2004 09:49 AM

Bubbly!!

Can anyone suggest a good bottle of Bubbly at around 20. Usually go
for Moet or Mumm but fancy something different!!

Richard Hurwitz 19-02-2004 04:07 AM

Bubbly!!

We like Veuve Clicquot in that price range--Dom Perignon if we're
feeling rich, but try some of the Spanish Cavas. They're usually pretty
good and really inexpensive.

Lesley Gault 24-02-2004 03:33 PM

Bubbly!!

Lesley Gault wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good bottle of Bubbly at around 20. Usually go
for Moet or Mumm but fancy something different!!

Thanks for the info I will gie the Veuve Clicquot a go at the
weekend!! I've had a few problems with Cavas in the past - mostly the
sourness of them but will look out for some Spanish ones.

Blair P. Houghton 12-03-2004 01:32 AM

Bubbly!!

Richard Hurwitz wrote:
We like Veuve Clicquot in that price range--Dom Perignon if we're
feeling rich, but try some of the Spanish Cavas. They're usually pretty
good and really inexpensive.

Dom used to be good, but tastes like paint stripper any more.

Veuve Cliquot is always tasty.

--Blair
"88. Last decent year."