congokid

Default Help please. Single Malt Whiskey recommendations?

In article
<Zm92ZW9u.a64d132f4eb33ae79e5d68ec9d846b74@1076126 175.nulluser.com>,
John Doe > writes
>Hello. I'm looking into buying a bottle of single malt whiskey for my
>professor before leaving grad school.
>
>However, being a teetotaler myself, I'm at a loss as to what to purchase.
>I'm fishing for some suggestions as to what to buy and where. I am
>willing to spend $100-$150 on a bottle.
>
>Should I purchase a single bottle or several different brands for
>comparison? All I know is that he likes single malt whiskey and that he
>doesn't spend over $20 for a bottle of wine (says he can't taste the
>difference). But, wine and whiskey are probably different.
>
>Any suggestions would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

How about Bushmills Malt 21 year old?
http://www.bushmills.com/21%20Year%20Old.asp

I've got some12 year old single malt Bushmills, which they don't seem to
do anymore, as well as a bottle of their Millennium, which is 25 year
old. That costs around UKP135, so may be above your budget.

I've also got a bottle of Jameson Master Selection 18 year old.
http://www.jameson.ie/flash.asp

For more info and a rough guide to prices see
http://www.whiskeypages.com/irish/story_1/

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...