antoinette

Default i love food

hey every 1

i love food !!!!!! myfavourite food is pizza, chicken, chips and mc donalds !!

bye

McDonalds doesn't qualify as food - at least not for human consumption
anyway.

Come back to USENET in about 10 years when you're 21.

: hey every 1

: i love food !!!!!! myfavourite food is pizza, chicken, chips and mc donalds !!

: bye
Max Hauser

"antoinette" wrote in
om...
> hey every 1
>
> i love food !!!!!! myfavourite food is pizza, chicken, chips and mc

donalds !!

> bye

Welcome, Antoinette. (It's gratifying, by the way, to see that the run of
traffic on R.F.D is roughly unchanged from15 years ago, with allowances of
course for the Eternal September, which Antoinette's posting quite
harmlessly and freshly illustrates). Where there is life there is hope.

20+ years ago we had so much trouble getting traffic on this newsgroup
(technically its predecessor, net.wines, though R.F.D took over just
slightly later) that Steve Pope and I had to "seed" it with articles in
order to keep it from going stagnant. And to fight off the periodic
invasions of the divisor-newbies who, like hostile biological viruses
invading an unfamiliar cell, read the group just long enough to propose
splitting it up into fragments at their whim, a deadly disease that
progressed more on some newsgroups than others. Now of course they form
their own Web sites instead, and thanks to the innovation of numerical
scores -- long preceded in popularity by this newsgroup -- everyone is an
instant expert on wine.

Oh yes, Antoinette: "La découverte d'un mets nouveau fait plus pour le
bonheur du genre humain que la découverte d'une étoile." (J.-A. de
Brillat-Savarin, who actually knew your namesake, the famous one, the
Austrian one.) Pray keep an open mind.

Gesundheit! -- Max

"Shit! Kein Zucker." -- current kiosk ads for Diet Sprite (tm) in Austria

Karen

chicken and chips are pretty damn good, but you can't beat a medium
rare sirloin served with buttered mushrooms, fried onions, garlic
bread, a bit of veg and a generous dollop of englich mustard -
NECTAR!!!!! followed by hot chocolate fudge cake served with
ice-cream and lightly whipped fresh cream washed down with tia maria
and diet coke (with loads of ice)-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

) wrote in message . com>...

(antoinette) wrote in message . com>...
> > hey every 1
> >
> > i love food !!!!!! myfavourite food is pizza, chicken, chips and mc donalds'''
> >
> > bye

> Hi
> I love food as well love the chicken and chips but not sure about the mc donalds
> prefer KFC

Andrea

Chicken and chips sounds good but nothing beats pizza hut
Stallion

Nothing beats Lobster and Filet Mignon except maybe a ham and cheese omlet
alexbrown77

filet mignon with an excellent bernaise sause....with an artichoke to
start... I am in heaven....with a heart attack
afshain

hi everyone,
i love pizza hut...
well i dont mind mcdonald...but dont like KFC.....
bye afi
Blair P. Houghton

alexbrown77 > wrote:
>filet mignon with an excellent bernaise sause....with an artichoke to
>start... I am in heaven....with a heart attack

Tonight I had:

A nice chardonnay (don't ask me names; at restaurants I
drink low-end wines but not mass-market ones, so I rarely
get the same one twice, and rarely try to remember them).

Nice crab cakes (knee-jerk buy at every new place I try
that serves them, because no two are the same) with a
nice tartar sauce, a nice chili sauce, and a nice red
cabbage slaw with slightly peanutty dressing that could
have been nicer.

A decent enough Syrah (never my favorite, but I figured
it'd pair up with the entree, which it did perfectly).

A terrific seared duck with a cherry/chambord sauce. Normally
I'm not a fan of sugary-fruity sauces, but duck is another
big draw wherever it appears, and this was done and seasoned
perfectly, and not drowned in the sauce, so the fruit accented
the meat, and as I said, I nailed the wine.

A great Bananas Foster with homemade vanilla ice cream,
along with a glass of 20-y.o. Taylor Fladgate tawny port.

The TF wasn't the best port I've had, but then I've had
some home-made porto smuggled here from porgieland by a
couple of porgies I used to work with, and boy, was that
a great magnum of plonk.

--Blair
"The bartender was a bit of a twit, though."