yaya yoyo

Default Drinking Shots Socially

Wise with alcohol? I hope someone out there can help me.

OK, so I finally arrived in the big city, and have been doing lots of
social drinking. I found out my tolerance isn't too high, except for
shots. I've got a small stomach, and beer fills me up too fast -- I
wind up vomiting.

Wine and mixed drinks are a little better, but not much.

I really can handle my shots though, and I like doing them. But shots
don't seem to be an acceptable way to drink socially. Or are they?

I'd hate to be knocking down tequila or goldschlager at a party when
people are sipping their Gin and Tonics, nursing their beers, or
tasting wine.

Is there a way for me to drink what I like without seeming a hardcore
lush? Any drink suggestions my unsophisticated palate can take?

Thanks for any advice!
Michelle

Hi

when we go out drinking, we normally start with wine in the house,
after a few of these you will feel a bit tipsey. Then once you reach
the pub we would normally hit the vodka with irn bru, after about 5 or
6 of these, then comes the apple sours or the blue after shock, by
this time your well on your way to drunkness!!
Michelle

hi

when we go out drinking, we normally start in the house with wine, a
few of these and you will start to feel tipsey after this we would
head to the pub where we would start on the vodka and irn bru. once
we had about 5 or 6 of these then we would move onto the shots either
apple sours or blue after shock.
once you've drank all them your well on your way to drunkness!!

hope this helps

Jeremiah T. Isaacs

yaya yoyo > wrote:
> Is there a way for me to drink what I like without seeming a hardcore
> lush? Any drink suggestions my unsophisticated palate can take?

Sip some nice (blanco) tequila, or genever gin, or scotch, from a
snifter. 2 ozs of blanco tequila can last an hour if you alternate
between sipping and inhaling it.

oh, or a nice grappa.

- j
--
http://www.io.com/~jti/ drivel, in esperanto, new and improved
http://gin.porniverse.com all about gin
Richard Hurwitz

There's White Cosmopolitans (Cosmos). Substitute white cranberry juice
for red and garnish with a couple of fresh cranberries instead of lime
slice.

Vodka, lime juice, cran juice, ice, shake well.

Martinis, vodka or gin.

These both use a shaker and martini glasses.

RH

gillian wrote:

> Richard Hurwitz > wrote in message .com>...
>
>>-and of course, there;s always frozen vodkas of various flavors, that
>>can be drunk as shots.
>>
>>DrinkBoy wrote:

(yaya yoyo) professes:

>>>-----------------
>>>
>>>Excuse me for saying so, but this just sounds silly.
>>>
>>>The "size" of your stomach isn't what causes you to vomit, it's your
>>>bodies reaction to trying to expell the poison (alcohol) that you have
>>>ingested. Do you vomit after eating a Big Mac? (Oh, wait, that could
>>>be considered poison as well :-)
>>>
>>>However, here is a solution that should solve your problem
>>>regardless...
>>>
>>>Instead of drinking "shots", try drinking true cocktails instead. They
>>>are fashionable, and essentially not "that" much different from a
>>>shot, in fact there are some drinks (such as the Lemon Drop) which
>>>will be either a shot or a cocktail, depending on where you order it
>>>at.
>>>
>>>Sidecar, Daiquiri, Lemon Drop, Cosmopolitan, are all good cocktails to
>>>start out with.
>>>
>>>-Robert
>>> www.DrinkBoy.com

> Any suggestions for some cocktails I can make in the house????

Inkeola

Try the new white spirit "S Guaro" it is very smooth. I like to drink in
neat or on the rocks with a twist when I am at home. In the bar (working
hours) I drink it with Coke or 7-up and a lime wedge, the clubbing nights it
mixes very well with Red Bull, up all night!! I am working on some
cocktails to appeal to my female clientele. My partner and I cater in home
dinner parties and we are always looking for something with exclusive edge.
We just found Guaro in Los Angeles, it is just the ticket.
www.sguaro.com

~In Keola

om...