Old 05-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Chris Lake

Default wine made by stars or vips ?

"Tom S" wrote in message
om...

"Mario" wrote in message
om...
If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
me know.

Fess Parker, the Smothers Brothers and Raymond Burr (now deceased, I
believe).

Tom S

I missed the original post but just in case

Francis Ford Coppola in Napa

Mario Andretti again in Napa

Ferruccio Lamborghini in Umbria

I think the Frank Sinatra foundation owns a winery or two

sorry if there is repetition
...Chris

Old 06-12-2003, 04:11 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mario" wrote in message

If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
me know.

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman for starters. I'd put them in the vip
category.
Ed

Old 06-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Greg Cook

On 12/5/03 10:11 PM, in article
, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mario" wrote in message

If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
me know.

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman for starters. I'd put them in the vip
category.
Ed

Hear Hear! ! !

--
Greg Cook
http://homepage.mac.com/gregcook/Wine

(remove spamblocker from my email)

Old 06-12-2003, 11:57 PM
John Zinni

wrote in message
"John Zinni" wrote:

I am suppressed that Alex Trebek (of Jeopardy fame) and his Creston
Vineyards has not come up yet.

I'll take Typos for $50. ;-)
Or is "suppressed" a new wine related psychological condition? :-)

Damn, should have been using thought-check rather then spell-check!

Old 07-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Pinky

Shouldn't that be "Here Here"? -- but I agree!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire, England
"Greg Cook" wrote in message
On 12/5/03 10:11 PM, in article

snip. snip

Hear Hear! ! !

Old 07-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Greg Cook

On 12/7/03 1:45 AM, in article
, "Pinky"
wrote:

Shouldn't that be "Here Here"? -- but I agree!

Um - yes - thanks!

Old 08-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Paul S. Remington

Jack Keller must be a VIP in the field to land on the cover if Jon
Iverson's winemaking book. In other fields, I'm sure his family would
consider him a VIP. I guess that would make all of us a VIP in one
camp or another. :-)

VIP often does not translate into being a monetary giant.

-Paul

Midlife wrote in message ...
in article , Edwin Pawlowski
at wrote on 12/5/03 8:11 PM:

"Mario" wrote in message

If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
me know.

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman for starters. I'd put them in the vip
category.
Ed

Just curious about the 'beyond-wine' credentials of these two men to make
them VIPs in the sense of the original question. I did a Google search and
see that both are influential in the field of home winemaking, but are they
just "normal folk" or corporate tycoons, or what? Making great wine is
enough to make someone a VIP for me, but are they in the broader sense as
well??

Old 09-12-2003, 04:43 PM
grazzc

Nick Faldo has just released his first vintage of Faldo surprisingly enough.
Its not too bad really,
Greg Norman has given his name to a range of wines from Hardy's (?)
Sir Cliff Richard has a winery in Portugal, that supposedly is halfway
decent
Francis Ford Coppola has Niebaum-Coppola
Randy Lewis (Indy 500 driver) owns Lewis Cellars, Napa

grazza

Old 09-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Ray

Emeril Lagasse has his own brand of wine out, though I have never seen it on
the shelves, and he has shown the basics of home winemaking on his TV show.

Ray

Old 09-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Riccardo Margheri

A couple of year ago, if I remember well, In Italy we heard news about an
estate bought by Italian President of the Council of Ministers Silvio
Berlusconi in the brunello di Montalcino area. It should begin to produce in
two or three years.
Heard news that Michael Schumacher (F1 world champion) should have bought in
Maremma (south of Tuscany).
Movie artists and journalists famous in Italy produce their own wine.

Regards
Riccardo