Old 26-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Mario

Default Portuguese wine besides Port wine ?

waw lots of choices thanks a lot

Some of my favorites a
Reguengos Garrafeira dos Sócios;
Tapada do Chaves
Vallado
Esporão Reserva 2000
Esporão Branco Reserva 2002
Foral Grande Escolha (1998)
Cartuxa
Vila Santa
Monte Ferra
Monte dos Pelados
Herdade grande Regional Alentejano colheita seleccionada 2002
JPR 2000 Antão Vaz
Vinya 2000
Tormes
Quinta do Carmo
Quinta da espinosa
Quinta Grande
Quinta Pancas
Quinta Roques
Quinta do Cotto
Cabeça de Burro
Bons Ares
Duas Quintas
Evel Tinto
Evel Branco

"Mario" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Can you mention me names of very good well known considered good
Portuguese wines besides Port wines.

Thanks,

Mario

Old 28-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Ken Sternberg

I think the wines made by Luis Pato are among the finest made in
Portugal, or Europe, for that matter.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Jon

Where I live we are lucky to get Lancers and Mateus, both rosés. But
fortunately I like both of them, even if they are somewhat bottom-end.
While in Portugal, I drink mostly vinho verde. It all tastes pretty
good to me.

Old 21-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Derek F

Mario wrote:

Hello,

Can you mention me names of very good well known considered good
Portuguese wines besides Port wines.

I seem to remember a sparkling rose table wine that came in ceramic
bottles. It was quite popular in the U.S. in the 1950's, and many of
the better restaurants served it. However, I don't remember the name -
it was on the sweet side, so I didn't much care for it.

Thanks,

Mario

Lancers?
Derek.

Old 21-12-2003, 02:22 PM
GG

Barca Velha Casa Ferreirinha 1995
Casa Ferreirinha Reserva 1992

Old 24-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Pavel314

I seem to remember a sparkling rose table wine that came in ceramic
bottles. It was quite popular in the U.S. in the 1950's, and many of
the better restaurants served it. However, I don't remember the name -
it was on the sweet side, so I didn't much care for it.

Thanks,

Mario

Lancers?
Derek.

Mateus is another.

Paul

Old 25-12-2003, 03:41 AM
devil

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:07:30 -0500, Pavel314 wrote:

I seem to remember a sparkling rose table wine that came in ceramic
bottles. It was quite popular in the U.S. in the 1950's, and many of
the better restaurants served it. However, I don't remember the name -
it was on the sweet side, so I didn't much care for it.

Thanks,

Mario

Lancers?
Derek.