FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Cuervo vs Sauza (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/27222-re-cuervo-vs-sauza.html)

Blair P. Houghton 23-11-2003 06:07 PM

Cuervo vs Sauza

> wrote:
>Cuervo's color comes from added caramel, I'd wager.

Possibly. Corn liquor, too. Most mass-market tequilas
have corn liquor in them. But corn liquor doesn't
necessarily mean aged corn liquor, so the added corn liquor
may be colorless, hence caramel coloring.

--Blair
"Corn liquor. See? I can say it."

Oh, wait. We're not done:

>Sauza Hornitos

My favorite for margs.

>and Anejo are far superior and smoother tasting in my opinion.

I have some Herradura Anejo, but that's a whole different league
($50+/fifth).

>Cuervo is only successful because of better marketing than Sauza,
>but Sauza has the better product.

Cuervo's had better marketing for several decades, so it's
also got market-penetration and momentum, and hardly has to
try any more.

(Okay, now we're done.)