Mario

Default Porto wine best books ?

Hello,

Can you all that have Porto wine books, recommend me the best most
updated ones, with nice photos.

I want in particular a Guide to Porto wines, I mean a guide that shows
the best wineries or porto and describes the best porto wines. Which
one is the most establish and famous guide of Porto wines?

Secondly, I want a general veru good book that explain what means and
all arougn the Porto wine such as areas, territory ,way Porto wine is
made, way it is classified, etc. More educational Book.

Finally, mention me any very good books related to Porto wines.

Thanks,

Mario
WorldsWorst

What are you talking about? Do you mean Port?
"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can you all that have Porto wine books, recommend me the best most
> updated ones, with nice photos.
>
> I want in particular a Guide to Porto wines, I mean a guide that shows
> the best wineries or porto and describes the best porto wines. Which
> one is the most establish and famous guide of Porto wines?
>
> Secondly, I want a general veru good book that explain what means and
> all arougn the Porto wine such as areas, territory ,way Porto wine is
> made, way it is classified, etc. More educational Book.
>
> Finally, mention me any very good books related to Porto wines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

---

Ken Vale

WorldsWorst wrote:

>What are you talking about? Do you mean Port?

Porto is a city in Portugal, it is in a wine growing region (very
good, very popular), and yes it is where Port comes from. My cousin and
her fiance stopped there on their tour of Europe and visited all of the
Port producers they could find (which is the only reason I know about
Porto at all).
Ken

>"Mario" > wrote in message
. com...

>>Hello,
>>
>>Can you all that have Porto wine books, recommend me the best most
>>updated ones, with nice photos.
>>
>>I want in particular a Guide to Porto wines, I mean a guide that shows
>>the best wineries or porto and describes the best porto wines. Which
>>one is the most establish and famous guide of Porto wines?
>>
>>Secondly, I want a general veru good book that explain what means and
>>all arougn the Porto wine such as areas, territory ,way Porto wine is
>>made, way it is classified, etc. More educational Book.
>>
>>Finally, mention me any very good books related to Porto wines.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Mario
>>

>---

Clint

"WorldsWorst" > wrote in message
> What are you talking about? Do you mean Port?

Isn't "porto" a designation of true port coming from Portugal?
I'm not sure now, but I thought I read on one of my references
that if "porto" is actually on the bottle it's referring to port wine
from Oporto, Portugal.

Clint

Ken Vale

Ken Vale wrote:

> WorldsWorst wrote:
>
>> What are you talking about? Do you mean Port?
>>

> Porto is a city in Portugal, it is in a wine growing region (very
> good, very popular), and yes it is where Port comes from. My cousin
> and her fiance stopped there on their tour of Europe and visited all
> of the Port producers they could find (which is the only reason I know
> about Porto at all).

Boy do I feel silly, as Clint posted the cities name should be Oporto.
Ken

> Ken

Miker

You might look for the book, "Vintage Port" by James Suckling. It has
a lot of good info.

I envy your trip, Mario. I would love to visit Portugal sometime.

Mike

Wine Books Bob Becker Winemaking 4 06-03-2007 10:03 PM
wine books Donny Tyler Winemaking 1 04-03-2006 06:28 AM
Porto wine best books ? Mario Wine 7 25-11-2003 07:46 PM
Porto wine best books ? Mario Winemaking 5 25-11-2003 07:46 PM
Porto wine expo or fair ? Mario Wine 1 24-11-2003 09:23 PM