Eric Smith

Default informing and listening to the food shopper

Here at Fruitcom we work with fruit producers and retailers in
developing innovations for the discerning fruit shopper.

Are shoppers interested to know when their (supposedly) fresh
apples or tomato were harvested, who produced it and under what
conditions? What was the method of transport and the route the
product travelled from local or overseas farm to the store?
In the trade we call this traceability information.

We have developed a telephony service which is intended to be
offered by the retailer as a freefone service which allows you
to type in a product reference on your phone and receive this information.

You also have the opportunity to provide your opinion on all
aspects of the product like quality, taste, presentation and price.
This information is then transmitted back directly to the
retailer and producer to assist in product development.

I am posting this here to find out if anyone regards this
as a useful service and what they might want more or different.
If anyone would like to experience a demo, please let me know
and I will provide the telephone number.

regards

Eric Smith
Fruitcom BV