Experienced Member

Default In defense of Cosmopolitans

Cosmos have gotten a bum rap in recent years, as people are getting understandably tired of the sickly sweet, grenadine-laced “Cosmopolitans” being served in most bars. I just wanted to voice my humble opinion that it’s a rather fine drink, if made properly, and should not be entirely overlooked by cocktail lovers. Here’s the way we should be making Cosmos:

*Cosmopolitan

1 ½ oz. Vodka (some people prefer citrus-flavored vodka-your call)
1 oz. Triple Sec (Hiram Walker)
½ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
¼ oz. Cranberry Juice

Garnish with an orange peel and Enjoy!

*Cosmopolitan recipes should never call for sour mix or grenadine. They shouldn’t be garnished with a cherry, and shouldn’t have more cranberry juice than Triple Sec. If you’re cocktail came out blood-red, try, try again!