FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Eggnog (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/169804-eggnog.html)

camrodri 20-03-2009 04:33 PM

Eggnog

Eggnog was established as a traditional drink for family in which you want to drink a cup but without the high level of alcohol. Its sweet taste is very pleasant and soft palate, so that young kids love it.

You will need:

3 bottles of beer
4 eggs
Half cup sugar
1 liter of soda flavor (grape)
Cinnamon powder
Ice

Thoroughly mix the soda and beer. Separate beat egg whites until it forms rich foam and then add the yolks. Whisk well and incorporate the sugar and continue beating until it is incorporated. Add drinks, mix well and strain.

Serve in tall glasses with ice cubes and garnish with cinnamon powder.

BeefeaterGin 30-03-2009 03:11 PM

I'm such a big fan of Eggnog since having it in the US when I was a kid. I've not had it for what seems like ages, so I think I'll try this recipe to see how it goes. Fingers crossed it tastes the same :)

Granby 02-05-2009 05:14 AM

Eggnog

Just lurking here but don't this is what you are thinking of as a
traditional eggnog.