FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Drinks for your Valentine (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/167697-drinks-your-valentine.html)

mixr 05-02-2009 08:10 PM

Drinks for your Valentine

Here are a few drinks you can whip up for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. Some are trickier to fix than others, but they’re worth the time and effort. Enjoy & Happy Valentine’s Day! Cheers!

Deep Chocolate:

1 ½ oz. Leblon Cachaça
½ oz. Jago Cream Liqueur
½ oz. Navan
4 oz. Chocolate
Whipped cream

Mix all ingredients in a tall handled glass. Pour and thoroughly stir in the hot chocolate mixture. Top with whipped cream and white chocolate shavings.

Rose Royce:

1 oz. OVAL Vodka
1/3 oz. Rose Syrup
1/3 oz. Simple Syrup
2/3 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 dash Angostura bitters
½ glass Perrier Jouet champagne

Shake all ingredients well over ice and pour into a champagne flute half0filled with Perrier Jouet. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.

Ruby Diamond:

2 oz. Leblon Cachaça
2 oz. Lychee puree
½ oz. lime juice
Dash simple syrup
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
6 mint leaves

Muddle mint and pomegranate in a shaker. Shake with remaining ingredients. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.

Honey Bunny:

2 oz. OVAL Vodka
1 oz. Hiram Walker Blue Curacao
1 oz. Hiram Walker Peach Schnapps
2 oz. fresh sour mix
½ oz. Pear Cider
½ oz. lemon Juice

Pour all ingredients into a highball glass ¾ filled with ice cubes. Stir well and serve.

BeefeaterGin 30-03-2009 03:16 PM

these are all great, but do take a lot of effort. i went for the simple Gin and Tonic (you can make them quickly and easily. Less fuss, more time with the girly) or maybe a Tom Collins. Far easier, just make sure you use a decent gin. Nothing ruins a G&T like a cheap Gin..

butterflygirl 08-05-2009 07:25 AM

that's great useful info,hope everyone have a nice beautiful valentine

saiprasadfoods 12-08-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterflygirl (Post 1314307)
that's great useful info,hope everyone have a nice beautiful valentine

It is good info and I will us it on special occasions which will come soon.

Cheers,
Sai Prasad.

bakers 27-09-2009 01:27 PM

O well. Drinks are really great for Valentines especially if you are celebrating near the beach or penthouse. What a nice view.

randy22 13-10-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixr (Post 1266241)
[...]

Thanks for the detailed information.I guess it will be really very tasty.Let me try it out.

jiggy 04-12-2009 11:11 AM

i just went with the simple red wine... Its better and romantic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy22 (Post 1389639)
Thanks for the detailed information.I guess it will be really very tasty.Let me try it out.

lbolt 16-12-2009 06:55 PM

hmmm... thanks for the ideas..
here is one from my side
Kerasi (cherry in Greek)
- 2 oz. peach vodka
- 1 oz. cherry puree (just blend fresh pitted cherries)
- 1/2 oz. peach liqueur
- 1/2 oz. cherry brandy
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- Sparkling wine, like Cava

Shake all ingredients but the Cava over ice and strain into a flute. Top off with Cava. Garnish with a cherry.

katrin 24-12-2009 04:50 PM

I drink only martini and for me its the best