FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Low-Cal Cocktails (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/166936-low-cal-cocktails.html)

mixr 15-01-2009 10:02 PM

Low-Cal Cocktails

Here are a few super-simple cocktail recipes designed for those of us still sticking to our New Year’s Resolution to watch what we eat & drink. Find one you like & enjoy (guilt-free-they’re all under 100 cal)!

OVAL Strawberry Sweetie: (80 cal)

1 oz. OVAL Vodka
4 strawberries, sliced
8 oz. Light Lemonade
1 packet Splenda

Muddle sliced strawberries, OVAL Vodka & Splenda in the bottom of a Collins glass. Fill glass with ice and add Light Lemonade. Tumble & serve with a lemon slice garnish.

Beefeater Berry: (96 cal)

1 oz. Beefeater Gin
1 lime wedge
6 oz. Light Cranberry Juice

Muddle the lime wedge and Beefeater Gin in the bottom of a Collins glass. Fill glass with ice and add Light Cranberry Juice. Tumble and serve with a lime wedge garnish.

Skinny Caipi Cola: (96 cal)

1 ½ oz. Leblon Cachaça
6 oz. Diet Cola

Stir ingredients to combine in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.

Girlish Figu (97 cal)

1 ½ oz. Malibu Coconut Rum
4 oz. Light Cranberry Juice
Splash Diet Lemon-Lime Soda

Combine Malibu Coconut Rum and Light Cranberry Juice in a highball glass filled with ice. Add Diet Lemon-Lime Soda to top and garnish with a slice of lime.

BeefeaterGin 30-03-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixr (Post 1255886)

Beefeater Berry: (96 cal)

1 oz. Beefeater Gin
1 lime wedge
6 oz. Light Cranberry Juice

Muddle the lime wedge and Beefeater Gin in the bottom of a Collins glass. Fill glass with ice and add Light Cranberry Juice. Tumble and serve with a lime wedge garnish.

This is also VERY good for your digestive system :)

Great cocktail. Cranberry juice can be very sour when it's unsweetened, so why not mix 3 oz of cranberry juice with 3oz of naturally sweet pineapple juice? It tastes superb (with our without the Gin), is also very low in calories and contains less artificial sugars thanks to the pineapples.

KCRestaurant 09-05-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeefeaterGin (Post 1294596)
This is also VERY good for your digestive system :)

Great cocktail. Cranberry juice can be very sour when it's unsweetened, so why not mix 3 oz of cranberry juice with 3oz of naturally sweet pineapple juice? It tastes superb (with our without the Gin), is also very low in calories and contains less artificial sugars thanks to the pineapples.

Thanks for posting this. It has proven because of my aunt's situation. Good for the tummy.

saiprasadfoods 12-08-2009 10:38 AM

This is something awesome Cocktails...