FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Yummiest Energy Drink I've Ever Tasted (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/164948-yummiest-energy-drink-ive.html)

MeWantFood99 05-12-2008 11:23 PM

Yummiest Energy Drink I've Ever Tasted

hi all! I'm new to foodbanter, but I wanted to share very positive experience I recently had with a new energy drink. It's called Rubyy and it's a blood orange energy drink. It has a really cool bottle, which is what drew me to it (ha, i'm a marketing campaign's dream), but more importantly it tastes AMAZING. I've been trying to figure out where I can order some to my house, I want it to be my morning beverage. It's refreshing and light and doesn't have that weird syrupy sweet tart taste that mosts energy drinks have. Anyway, just thought I'd share :-)

ENERGYFIEND 19-12-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeWantFood99 (Post 1230279)
hi all! I'm new to foodbanter, but I wanted to share very positive experience I recently had with a new energy drink. It's called Rubyy and it's a blood orange energy drink. It has a really cool bottle, which is what drew me to it (ha, i'm a marketing campaign's dream), but more importantly it tastes AMAZING. I've been trying to figure out where I can order some to my house, I want it to be my morning beverage. It's refreshing and light and doesn't have that weird syrupy sweet tart taste that mosts energy drinks have. Anyway, just thought I'd share :-)

I was lucky enough to try Rubyy at a local club (i live in LA) and it was amazingggg!!!!!!!! hands down the best! i think it is still super new, so it's not available everywhere (grocery stores, etc), but as soon as it is i will be ON IT and buying cases to stock up! A+++, definitely the only of its kind...

energymaniac618 07-03-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENERGYFIEND (Post 1238484)
I was lucky enough to try Rubyy at a local club (i live in LA) and it was amazingggg!!!!!!!! hands down the best! i think it is still super new, so it's not available everywhere (grocery stores, etc), but as soon as it is i will be ON IT and buying cases to stock up! A+++, definitely the only of its kind...

i tried it for the first time while i was in Miami and loved it.

first of all, it doesn't give you that nightmare of a hangover like other energy drinks (when mixed with alcohol).

secondly, the bottle is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! it stays cold forever and is resealable so it doesn't go flat = GENIUS!

i think it's really new so it's not available everywhere yet, but i can't wait for more!

ENERGYFIEND 14-03-2009 12:28 AM

i know - it's such a cool bottle.

i had it during lunch at Famima the other day - so refreshing! i just wish there were a diet version....does anyone know if it exists??

energymaniac618 20-03-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENERGYFIEND (Post 1287072)
i know - it's such a cool bottle.

i had it during lunch at Famima the other day - so refreshing! i just wish there were a diet version....does anyone know if it exists??

i heard diet rubyy is supposed to be launching soon....can't wait!

same taste/energy boost + fewer calories = a reason to be excited :)

ENERGYFIEND 27-03-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energymaniac618 (Post 1290382)
i heard diet rubyy is supposed to be launching soon....can't wait!

same taste/energy boost + fewer calories = a reason to be excited :)

good to know! thanks for the heads up

BeefeaterGin 30-03-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENERGYFIEND (Post 1293492)
good to know! thanks for the heads up

Try making your own energy drinks. Sometimes all you need is water, orange juice and a tiny bit of salt and you're sorted. I've tried loads of different energy drinks but they all have the same effect. A sugar high followed by a slump if you don't drink more. Orange and water doesn't have this...

ENERGYFIEND 03-04-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeefeaterGin (Post 1294577)
Try making your own energy drinks. Sometimes all you need is water, orange juice and a tiny bit of salt and you're sorted. I've tried loads of different energy drinks but they all have the same effect. A sugar high followed by a slump if you don't drink more. Orange and water doesn't have this...

That's an interesting suggesting...i've never heard of anyone making their own energy drink - makes sense, though!

i totally understand where you're coming from as far as the "sugar high followed by a slump," but i swear rubyy isn't like that - have you tried it?

energymaniac618 10-04-2009 06:30 PM

i've never heard of making your own energy drink...but mixing orange juice, water, and salt doesnt' sound like rubyy to me!!

butterflygirl 01-05-2009 02:51 PM

that's cool bottle, when i first taste it,began to love it