FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   New (Deceptive) Fiji Ad Campaign (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/159182-new-deceptive-fiji-ad.html)

[email protected] 23-07-2008 01:05 AM

New (Deceptive) Fiji Ad Campaign

I see that Fiji has a new advertising campaign that centers around the
"green" movement. They have a new website that is fijigreen.com and
there is a green raindrop on their labels now. Also, their new tag
line is "every drop is green". This whole thing brings a few things
to mind and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about it.

Firstly, I see Fiji everywhere and if they are trully filling their
bottles in Fiji, then not only are they trucking water all over the
country (world too) but they have to bring the stuff over in cargo
ships. Not to mention that the plastic bottles are all petroleum
based, so how is this enormous fuel guzzling machine truly "green"

Also, when I hear "every drop is green", I immediately think "Oh . . .
there must be Algae in the water and a prompt recall should be
initiated.

Do they really think all consumers are so stupid as to be convinced
Fiji is all good?