FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Infused Vodka- why not like store bought? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/156091-infused-vodka-why-not.html)

Mike C 25-05-2008 05:54 PM

Infused Vodka- why not like store bought?

I love Absolute or Stoli Raspberry Vodka. It is on the expensive side
and I would love to make my own. If you throw some berries in vodka
and let it infuse, it really doesn't taste like theirs. Also, theirs
will keep forever and I have a feeling with real fruit essence in it
(even after berries are removed), it will spoil. Any thoughts?

I know with the citrus vodka, they use only the peel. I don't see how
you could do something similar with berries.