Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Using xanthan gum in liqueur recipes

For some time now, I've been making various liqueurs at home with very
good results. One of my ingredients has been xanthan gum, which I
blend into the sugar stock as a thickening agent. Does anyone know if
xanthan gum affects the alcohol content of the liqueur, or if it
affects the way the human body metabolizes alcohol? I know this is a
rather esoteric question. Thanks in advance for any information you
might have.

Cheers!
CC

Xanthan Gum Pete Romfh Diabetic 2 30-11-2005 11:03 PM
Xanthan gum and cake [email protected] Vegetarian cooking 0 11-01-2005 07:10 PM
Homemade liqueur recipes request [email protected] General Cooking 0 18-12-2004 03:43 PM
Homemade liqueur recipes request Gene General 2 21-11-2004 08:13 PM
Italian Mexican Food Cooking Recipes and Liqueur Recipe Allen lewis Marketplace 0 20-08-2004 06:44 AM