FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Using xanthan gum in liqueur recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/130993-using-xanthan-gum-liqueur.html)

[email protected] 06-08-2007 07:14 PM

Using xanthan gum in liqueur recipes

For some time now, I've been making various liqueurs at home with very
good results. One of my ingredients has been xanthan gum, which I
blend into the sugar stock as a thickening agent. Does anyone know if
xanthan gum affects the alcohol content of the liqueur, or if it
affects the way the human body metabolizes alcohol? I know this is a
rather esoteric question. Thanks in advance for any information you
might have.

Cheers!
CC