FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   Market Enforcement action pending against Campagna Winery LLC (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/126852-market-enforcement-action-pending.html)

DENDRONISTA 21-06-2007 04:54 AM

Market Enforcement action pending against Campagna Winery LLC

the following link will give you a pdf file announcing the review of
verified complaints against Campagna Winery LLC

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/mkt/meb/CurrentAdvisory.pdf

axlq 21-06-2007 05:16 AM

Market Enforcement action pending against Campagna Winery LLC

DENDRONISTA > wrote:
[snip]

webtv.net? That still exists? All I know is, I never saw a post
from webtv that could be taken seriously.

-A

cwdjrxyz 21-06-2007 05:31 PM

On Jun 20, 11:16 pm, (axlq) wrote:
> DENDRONISTA > wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> webtv.net? That still exists? All I know is, I never saw a post
> from webtv that could be taken seriously.

The WebTV set top box company was long ago bought by Microsoft. They
changed the name to MSNTV. More recently they introduced MSNTV2 which
uses an updated browser(a watered down IE6) and can work on broadband.
It does not appear that this is very popular. They now use an email
address of msn or hotmail(which is the same). Some who were on the old
WebTV boxes were allowed to keep their old webtv.net mail address.
But, in summary, this has all been part of Microsoft for many years
now. When WebTV first came out, in the late 1990s, I believe, it was
much cheaper than computers were then, so many who could not buy a
full computer bought it. However, as computer prices came down, the
user base shifted more to older people who had very limited computer
needs - often mainly mail, ordering, and NGs. Entry level computers
are now so cheap that one does not save a lot buy buying a MSNTV 2
now, and that likely is the main reason that MSNTV 2 does not appear
to be selling very well.

George Grapman 21-06-2007 06:08 PM

axlq wrote:
> DENDRONISTA > wrote:
> [snip]
>
> webtv.net? That still exists? All I know is, I never saw a post
> from webtv that could be taken seriously.
>
> -A

I always wondered about people who pay $200 for a box that only gets
you on to webtv.

BUZZ2U .COM 23-06-2007 04:52 AM

Market Enforcement action pending against Campagna Winery LLC

I payed nothing for my dishnetwork web-tv box,free for trying dishes
service. cheers BUZZ