Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Cantaloupe melon cream liquor

A friend of mine was recently in Italy and returned with a small bottle
of Liquore Crema Melone, which was an orange creamy liquor that tasted
like cantaloupe. I found some references to it online, but they were
all in Italian (which I can't read or understand, and Babelfish did not
do a good job translating the pages). I can't find anything like it on
any US websites.

Does anyone know where I can find something like it?

Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
A friend of mine was recently in Italy and returned with a small bottle
of Liquore Crema Melone, which was an orange creamy liquor that tasted
like cantaloupe. I found some references to it online, but they were
all in Italian (which I can't read or understand, and Babelfish did not
do a good job translating the pages). I can't find anything like it on
any US websites.

Does anyone know where I can find something like it?

Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated.
My wife LOVES Crema de Melone (canteloupe) that we have only found in Sorrento. So much os that as a surprise (the bigger surprise was mine when I saw the shipping charge! =) I order two litre bottles from Salvatore Galano at Comuni.it - Servizi al cittadino e alle pubbliche amministrazioni (It is not easy to find him there, so keep looking.) The two bottles cost about $100 by the time they got to me in California, but they arrived in fine condition and my wife did appreciate them =) Good luck.