Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My eyes! Ahhh!!

Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
that when I looked to see what she was saying.

Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
sure the sign is visible.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope you
also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.
>
> Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
> woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
> over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
> idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
> that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
> they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
> that when I looked to see what she was saying.
>
> Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
> of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
> sure the sign is visible.
>
> nancy

My latest candy find is chocolate and candy coated sunflower seeds.
They are like little, tiny, tear-drop shaped M&Ms with sunflower seeds
in the center. Winco sells them in the bulk foods department. They
are incredibly delicious, and I can't eat them because of on the diet I
am on!

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full.
I told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on
the counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did
this until his basket was empty.

Nancy Young wrote:

> Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.
>
> Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
> woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
> over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
> idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
> that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
> they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
> that when I looked to see what she was saying.
>
> Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
> of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
> sure the sign is visible.
>
> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Glenn" > wrote

>A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full. I
>told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on the
>counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did this
>until his basket was empty.

I guess he missed the part where you proceed to the back
of the line after each transaction?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
>> today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
>> what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
>> in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

> It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
> balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
> about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually.

I never got near strawberry flavored Quik, either.

>BTW, I hope you also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

I sincerely do not need any more candy addictions now that I have
gone from the -- weight column to the + in the space of a year.
(laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Glenn" > wrote
>
> >A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full. I
> >told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on the
> >counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did this
> >until his basket was empty.

> I guess he missed the part where you proceed to the back
> of the line after each transaction?
>
> nancy

Guess so. Somehow I rather give him credit for being that obnoxious
though...

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> > today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> > what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> > in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

> It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
> balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
> about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope you
> also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were quite
good. I don't think they exist any more though.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

> Christopher Helms wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>> > Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
>> > today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
>> > what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
>> > in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

>> It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
>> balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
>> about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope

you
>> also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

> I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
> remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were

quite
> good. I don't think they exist any more though.
>
> Pete C.

I remember Milk duds as being chocolate with chewy caramel inside. At the
movies there were those malted milk balls that were chocolate with the
malt inside.

Now I'm strung out on sweettarts. Was up to two rolls a day. @^/

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
> 2006, typed out:
>
> > Christopher Helms wrote:

> >> It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
> >> balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
> >> about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope

> you
> >> also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

> > I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
> > remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were

> quite
> > good. I don't think they exist any more though.
> >
> > Pete C.

> I remember Milk duds as being chocolate with chewy caramel inside. At the
> movies there were those malted milk balls that were chocolate with the
> malt inside.
>
> Now I'm strung out on sweettarts. Was up to two rolls a day. @^/
>
> Andy

Er, Milk Duds are chocolate coated caramel bits. Whoppers are the puffed
malted milk balls coated with chocolate.

The malted milk tablets I mentioned were available in regular and
chocolate versions and were a compressed tablet perhaps 3/4" dia x 3/16"
thick. The brand might have been "Horlick's" or something like that.

Hey! What do you know, they still exist:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s... hid=inceptor

Pete C.

Pete C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Now I'm strung out on sweettarts. Was up to two rolls a day. @^/

I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

> The malted milk tablets I mentioned were available in regular and
> chocolate versions and were a compressed tablet perhaps 3/4" dia x
> 3/16" thick. The brand might have been "Horlick's" or something like
> that.
>
> Hey! What do you know, they still exist:
>
> http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...lmain.jsp?item
> Type=PRODUCT&itemID=11881&searchid=inceptor
>
> Pete C.

Pete C,

How about that!!! Good for you!

My bean counters are currently crunching the numbers to determine if it
would be financially beneficial to switch my habit over to Horlicks.
Results at 11.

Andy
@^/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

> I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.
>
> nancy

nancy,

So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! <GRIN>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote
> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
> 2006, typed out:
>
>> I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

> So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! <GRIN>

Heh!! Smart enough to switch to Milk Duds!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29

Aug
>> 2006, typed out:
>>
>>> I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

>> So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! <GRIN>

> Heh!! Smart enough to switch to Milk Duds!
>
> nancy

OK...

Andy
slowly stepping backwards

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
> 2006, typed out:
>
> > The malted milk tablets I mentioned were available in regular and
> > chocolate versions and were a compressed tablet perhaps 3/4" dia x
> > 3/16" thick. The brand might have been "Horlick's" or something like
> > that.
> >
> > Hey! What do you know, they still exist:
> >
> > http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...lmain.jsp?item
> > Type=PRODUCT&itemID=11881&searchid=inceptor
> >
> > Pete C.

> Pete C,
>
> How about that!!! Good for you!
>
> My bean counters are currently crunching the numbers to determine if it
> would be financially beneficial to switch my habit over to Horlicks.
> Results at 11.
>
> Andy
> @^/

I'm not sure about the financial end of it, but I'm pretty sure the
malted milk tablets are a bit healthier than sweettarts.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 29 Aug 2006 01:51:31p, -L. meant to say...

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
>> today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
>> what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
>> in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.
>>
>> Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
>> woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
>> over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
>> idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
>> that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
>> they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
>> that when I looked to see what she was saying.
>>
>> Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
>> of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
>> sure the sign is visible.
>>
>> nancy

> My latest candy find is chocolate and candy coated sunflower seeds.
> They are like little, tiny, tear-drop shaped M&Ms with sunflower seeds
> in the center. Winco sells them in the bulk foods department. They
> are incredibly delicious, and I can't eat them because of on the diet I
> am on!

My boss, who hails from Kansas, brought some back to everyone on a recent
trip there. They're delicious!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Walk in shadow, walk in dread, Loosefish walk as
like one dead

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young > wrote:
>Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
>today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
>what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
>in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

Ohhh, but you didn't get to see what I saw and almost
bought despite the total sin it would have been:

Dulce de Leche flavored OREOS!

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Dulce de Leche flavored OREOS!

But wait..I can top both that *and* the Str*wb*rry Whoppers <shudder>:

DEEP FRIED Oreos! I kid you not. And...deep fried *Twinkies*! <retch>

At the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

Anne

---

Personal: http://www.MangeMerde.com
Internet: http://www.TheInternetPatrol.com
The Raw: http://www.AdventuresInRawFood.com
The Law: http://www.DearEsq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> My boss, who hails from Kansas, brought some back to everyone on a recent
> trip there. They're delicious!

I took one taste and had to walk away. I could see them as something I
could eat by the handful...

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> My boss, who hails from Kansas, brought some back to everyone on a recent
>> trip there. They're delicious!

> I took one taste and had to walk away. I could see them as something I
> could eat by the handful...

Heh, I'm glad you didn't say where I could get my hands on those.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 04:11:37a, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "-L." > wrote
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> My boss, who hails from Kansas, brought some back to everyone on a
>>> recent trip there. They're delicious!

>> I took one taste and had to walk away. I could see them as something I
>> could eat by the handful...

> Heh, I'm glad you didn't say where I could get my hands on those.
>
> nancy

Indulge!

http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html

--
Wayne Boatwright

Walk in shadow, walk in dread, Loosefish walk as
like one dead

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 04:11:37a, Nancy Young meant to say...

>> Heh, I'm glad you didn't say where I could get my hands on those.

> Indulge!
>
> http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html

(laugh!) Thanks a lot, Wayne. They look evil, I would probably
eat them by the handful.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 05:01:50a, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 04:11:37a, Nancy Young meant to say...

>>> Heh, I'm glad you didn't say where I could get my hands on those.

>> Indulge!
>>
>> http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html

> (laugh!) Thanks a lot, Wayne. They look evil, I would probably
> eat them by the handful.
>
> nancy

The ones my boss brought to me were consumed in an instant! I'm just glad
I haven't seen them in stores. :-) At least mailorder puts them a bit
further away. :-) They are truly addictive.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Walk in shadow, walk in dread, Loosefish walk as
like one dead

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

> The ones my boss brought to me were consumed in an instant! I'm just glad
> I haven't seen them in stores. :-) At least mailorder puts them a bit
> further away. :-) They are truly addictive.

I blame Giada for this one: she made me put Nutella on
pound cake. Breakfast of Champions.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"She Devil" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> > Dulce de Leche flavored OREOS!

> But wait..I can top both that *and* the Str*wb*rry Whoppers <shudder>:
>
> DEEP FRIED Oreos! I kid you not. And...deep fried *Twinkies*! <retch>
>
> At the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
>
> Anne
>
> ---
>
> Personal: http://www.MangeMerde.com
> Internet: http://www.TheInternetPatrol.com
> The Raw: http://www.AdventuresInRawFood.com
> The Law: http://www.DearEsq.com

the local Sprawl Mart has a food trailer out front that sells only cotton
candy, 'soft' pretzels and deep fried oreos and deep fried candy bars. The
employees are 'encouraged' to go there as TWENTY FIVE cents of every $5 they
charge for the pretzel is given to the Children's Miracle Network of which
Sprawlmart FOUNDED (what a crock of shit that is....bogarting a legitimate
charity to make a profit )....so $4.75 goes into their pocket for each
individual 'Superpretzel' they take off their shelves. They don't even
serve real soft pretzels. And, OOOOH Chocolate....let's deep fry it....
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:
> Christopher Helms wrote:
> >
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> > > Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> > > today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> > > what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> > > in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

> > It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
> > balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
> > about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope you
> > also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

> I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
> remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were quite
> good. I don't think they exist any more though.
>
> Pete C.

Just got my vermont country store catalog, and I think they had them
there. They had a lot of stuff you don't see any more.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Andy" <q> wrote
>> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29
>> Aug 2006, typed out:
>>
>>> I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

>> So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! <GRIN>

> Heh!! Smart enough to switch to Milk Duds!
>
> nancy

I think you mean Whoppers, not Milk Duds

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Indulge!
>
> http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html
>
> --

Awww, Wayne! Ya just HAD TO go and post that, now, didn't you...

-L.
(weighing in today...)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...
> Nancy Young > wrote:
> >Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
> >today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
> >what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
> >in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

> Ohhh, but you didn't get to see what I saw and almost
> bought despite the total sin it would have been:
>
> Dulce de Leche flavored OREOS!
>
> --Blair

Oreos are a weakeness for me. My co-worker told me about the Dulce de
Leche flavored ones yesterday. I have to stay away from the supermarket,
have to!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"T" > wrote

>> Ohhh, but you didn't get to see what I saw and almost
>> bought despite the total sin it would have been:
>>
>> Dulce de Leche flavored OREOS!
>>
>> --Blair

> Oreos are a weakeness for me. My co-worker told me about the Dulce de
> Leche flavored ones yesterday. I have to stay away from the supermarket,
> have to!

Oh, I'm going to pick some up, I'll let you know how they are.

(laugh) nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 03:34:00p, -L. meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Indulge!
>>
>> http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html
>>
>> --

> Awww, Wayne! Ya just HAD TO go and post that, now, didn't you...
>
> -L.
> (weighing in today...)

Devil pushed my hand! :-)

And not to be forgotten... "Those who indulge, bulge!"

--
Wayne Boatwright

Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 05:55:54a, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> The ones my boss brought to me were consumed in an instant! I'm just glad
>> I haven't seen them in stores. :-) At least mailorder puts them a bit
>> further away. :-) They are truly addictive.

> I blame Giada for this one: she made me put Nutella on
> pound cake. Breakfast of Champions.

On several occasions I have spread a layer of Nutella between layers of rich
yellow cake with a layer of fresh raspberries on top of the Nutella. Very
tasty!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 03:34:00p, -L. meant to say...
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >> Indulge!
> >>
> >> http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocolateseeds.html

> > Awww, Wayne! Ya just HAD TO go and post that, now, didn't you...
> >
> > -L.
> > (weighing in today...)

> Devil pushed my hand! :-)
>
> And not to be forgotten... "Those who indulge, bulge!"

You're just lucky they come is such large packages, Wayne!
Otherwise I'd have bought some and would be cursing you out
with every bite... ;-)

--
"Kthonian" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 06:17:39p, Kthonian meant to say...

> One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
>> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 03:34:00p, -L. meant to say...

>> > Awww, Wayne! Ya just HAD TO go and post that, now, didn't you...
>> >
>> > -L.
>> > (weighing in today...)

>> Devil pushed my hand! :-)
>>
>> And not to be forgotten... "Those who indulge, bulge!"

> You're just lucky they come is such large packages, Wayne!
> Otherwise I'd have bought some and would be cursing you out
> with every bite... ;-)

5 lbs. is a large package? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 06:17:39p, Kthonian meant to say...
>
> > One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
> >> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 03:34:00p, -L. meant to say...

> >> Devil pushed my hand! :-)
> >>
> >> And not to be forgotten... "Those who indulge, bulge!"

> > You're just lucky they come is such large packages, Wayne!
> > Otherwise I'd have bought some and would be cursing you out
> > with every bite... ;-)
> >

> 5 lbs. is a large package? :-)

At $7.90 per pound, I'm afraid so...

--
"Kthonian" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 31 Aug 2006 08:26:02a, Kthonian meant to say...

> One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> said:
>> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 06:17:39p, Kthonian meant to say...

>> > You're just lucky they come is such large packages, Wayne!
>> > Otherwise I'd have bought some and would be cursing you out
>> > with every bite... ;-)
>> >

>> 5 lbs. is a large package? :-)

> At $7.90 per pound, I'm afraid so...

It's not cheap, but it's a unique treat. I doubt that I'd buy 5 lbs. of
them.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must play 'Charge of the Light Brigade' with
the other cat in the hallway at 3 am.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 31 Aug 2006 08:26:02a, Kthonian meant to say...
>
> > One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> > said:
> >> Oh pshaw, on Wed 30 Aug 2006 06:17:39p, Kthonian meant to say...

> >> 5 lbs. is a large package? :-)

> > At $7.90 per pound, I'm afraid so...
> >

> It's not cheap, but it's a unique treat. I doubt that I'd buy 5 lbs. of
> them.

Uh-oh, I found them in 1 pound bags:

http://www.nutsonline.com/seedsspice...chocolate.html

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Wed 06 Sep 2006 12:51:22p, Litttle Malice meant to say...

> One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> said:
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 31 Aug 2006 08:26:02a, Kthonian meant to say...

>> > At $7.90 per pound, I'm afraid so...
>> >

>> It's not cheap, but it's a unique treat. I doubt that I'd buy 5 lbs.
>> of them.

> Uh-oh, I found them in 1 pound bags:
>
> http://www.nutsonline.com/seedsspice...chocolate.html

And cheaper per pound, too. This could be dangerous!

Wayne

Ahhh, much better Rozari Recipes 0 08-12-2005 01:19 PM
Ahhh, Saturday is here! Piedmont Barbecue 0 18-12-2004 03:00 PM
Ahhh... Dog3 General Cooking 5 25-11-2004 09:07 PM