Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is it OK to freeze flour tortillas?

Hi Group,
I hope this is an appropriate question for this group. If not, please
direct me to where it might be more appropiate.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Brigitte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brigitte wrote:
> Hi Group,
> I hope this is an appropriate question for this group. If not, please
> direct me to where it might be more appropiate.
>
> Thanks in advance for replies.
>
> Brigitte

Yes, as long as they are wrapped very tightly to keep out moisture. A
vacuum sealer works well for this. Barring that, use freezer bags and a
small straw to suck out excess air before sealing the bag closed. If you
plan to use them in small servings, use small bags for the same treatment
for individual serving sizes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Brigitte wrote:
> > Hi Group,
> > I hope this is an appropriate question for this group. If not, please
> > direct me to where it might be more appropiate.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for replies.
> >
> > Brigitte

> Yes, as long as they are wrapped very tightly to keep out moisture. A
> vacuum sealer works well for this. Barring that, use freezer bags and a
> small straw to suck out excess air before sealing the bag closed. If you
> plan to use them in small servings, use small bags for the same treatment
> for individual serving sizes.
>
> Jill

Thanks Jill. I just put 2 doz in the freezer.

Brigitte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Brigitte wrote:
> >
> > I hope this is an appropriate question for this group.

> Yes, as long as they are wrapped very tightly to keep out moisture.

To keep IN moisture.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi Brigette,
Yes you can freeze them but you are better off using them fresh. I
have frozen them myself in the past but I find since they are so thinn
that if you aren't carefull as to where you have them in freezer. You
end up with broken pieces when they thaw out. also since they're not
like other bread they can get sticky as well when you defrost them.

Cecile

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brigitte > wrote:
>Hi Group,
>I hope this is an appropriate question for this group. If not, please
>direct me to where it might be more appropiate.

Yes. Do it all the time. If you're lucky, you can
even separate them without thawing.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Brigitte" > wrote:

> Hi Group,
> I hope this is an appropriate question for this group. If not, please
> direct me to where it might be more appropiate.
>
> Thanks in advance for replies.
>
> Brigitte

Yes.

Corn tortillas too.

Layer wax paper between them for easy separation.

I do it all the time...... :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"netratt" > wrote:

> Hi Brigette,
> Yes you can freeze them but you are better off using them fresh. I
> have frozen them myself in the past but I find since they are so thinn
> that if you aren't carefull as to where you have them in freezer. You
> end up with broken pieces when they thaw out. also since they're not
> like other bread they can get sticky as well when you defrost them.
>

> Cecile

Layering wax paper between each one prevents that issue.

I've never had a problem doing it this way.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I do it all the time...... :-)

That doesn't leave any time for anything else....