Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Friday's Dinner Delights!

My hubby's boss is taking us and the crew out to the Crazy Buffet down in
Tampa for dinner. They change their theme every month between Asian
cuisines, but they always have a wide variety of Sushi and Sashimi - which I
adore! - and they always have a chocolate fountain (which I don't do).

It takes about an hour and a half to get there, but it's worth it.

Check the link: http://www.gocrazybuffet.com/cbmenu.html

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> My hubby's boss is taking us and the crew out to the Crazy Buffet down in
> Tampa for dinner. They change their theme every month between Asian
> cuisines, but they always have a wide variety of Sushi and Sashimi - which
> adore! - and they always have a chocolate fountain (which I don't do).
>
> It takes about an hour and a half to get there, but it's worth it.
>
> Check the link: http://www.gocrazybuffet.com/cbmenu.html
>
> kili

Sounds like pig out time... I like sushi too, but I'm pretty particular
about where I get it from. That type of food mishandled just a little could
put you down for days...

Enjoy!

Larry T

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> I've had buffet sushi at a couple high-end buffet places and it's
> never that great.

Ever try one of those goofy "boat buffet" sushi places
where the food goes round on little boats? (for those folks
who've never heard of this, I kid you not) I had the
misfortune of eating at one of these places. It was in Berkeley
as I rememeber.

What a disaster. Premade sushi is bad enough. It's then subjected
to large amounts of airflow and God-knows-who's grubby hands.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reg wrote:

> Ever try one of those goofy "boat buffet" sushi places
> where the food goes round on little boats? (for those folks
> who've never heard of this, I kid you not) I had the
> misfortune of eating at one of these places. It was in Berkeley
> as I rememeber.
>
> What a disaster. Premade sushi is bad enough. It's then subjected
> to large amounts of airflow and God-knows-who's grubby hands.

Aren't they pretty common in Japan? The dishes are prepared moments
before by the sushi guy standing in the center and he just places them
on the rotating belt immediately. People take off the belt the dishes
they want (from all the various assorted offereings) and are charged at
the end by dish count?