Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whats your favorite/favourite meal?

I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
imagination!!

At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.

Helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

researchowl wrote:
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.

I looove middle Eastern food, and it's pretty easy to put together an
impressive, reasonably healthy meal.

Make falafel from a mix (though personally I find them pretty freakin'
salty.) Hummus is just canned garbanzos tossed in the food processor
with tahini, garlic and lemon juice. And then tabouli, which is bulgur
(wheat), tomatoes, garlic, oil, mint and parsley.

Make sure to get fresh pitas. The packaged ones won't do this meal
justice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"researchowl" > wrote:

> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.
>
> Helen

I don't have a favorite; it depends on my mood and the ingredients I
have available. If you want ideas for new meals to cook, just google for
"recipes" and you'll find enough to keep you behind the stove for a
lifetime.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

researchowl wrote:
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.

Carbonara would be a logical next step for you. It's tasty and easy.

dice/cube bacon, pancetta, or ham
sauté until crispy
slice and one green onion per portion (greens included)
add onion to bacon when it is almost finished cooking and sauté (set
aside)

Chop a handfull of fresh parsley (set aside)

Boil noodles (spaghetti/linguini) in salted water until al dente.

Scramble/whisk one large egg per portion of spaghetti while the noodles
are boiling.

When the noodles are done, drain immediately (don't rinse) and place in
a large bowl.

Pour the eggs over the noodles and stir until they appear thick and
creamy.
The heat of the noodles will cook the eggs, so work quickly.

Add 1T shredded/grated Parmesan, Romano, Asiago (or a combination) per
portion.
Add bacon mixture and parsley.
Pepper (use a grinder) liberally.

Toss to combine and serve with extra cheese at the table.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In terms of a "cuisine", the last one I discovered was Thai which I now
opt for in favour of Chinese. Still learning how to make it though

Seve

researchowl wrote:
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.
>
> Helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"researchowl" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.
>
> Helen

Shaky pudding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

researchowl wrote:
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.

For some reason, osso buco springs to mind. This is veal shanks,
slowly cooked in liquid until very tender, finished with a pretty and
tasty gremolata. Time required is long, but it's mostly unattended in
the oven. Actual work required is very manageable. Like many braised
dishes, this can mostly be made the day before, so it's a great dish
for entertaining, too. The link is to a recipe that serves 8 or more
but it's easily cut in half. -aem

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/107747

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"researchowl" > wrote:

> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.
>
> Helen

Grilled rare rib-eye steak with a side of steamed asparagus with lemon
butter, and grilled shrimp over salad greens with avocado....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pulled pork. I could eat it forever. Once you've made a huge pile of
it, use the leftovers for pork enchiladas, pork wontons or eggrolls,
and Brunswick stew. Or do like I do and snack off the bowl in the
fridge until it's all gone.

Scooter