Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Confession

In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
"Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
question.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must jump into the chair after their human
gets up to do something.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that
> have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc
> as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
> question.

NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's hilarious.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:18:08p, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used
>> to post on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not.
>> Now there can be no question.

> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
> hilarious.

I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

--
Wayne Boatwright

I will not instigate revolution -Bart
Simpson/Episode 7G06

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:18:08p, Nancy Young meant to say...

>> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
>> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
>> hilarious.

> I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
> didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

Oh, it's okay, I am happy to have that off my mind. I don't know
why anyone would be angry and I don't care.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:24:27p, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:18:08p, Nancy Young meant to say...

>>> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
>>> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
>>> hilarious.

>> I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
>> didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

> Oh, it's okay, I am happy to have that off my mind. I don't know
> why anyone would be angry and I don't care.

Thanks, Nancy. You're a peach!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Anger blows out the lamp of the mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that

have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc

as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
> question.
>
> --

It's Usenet, Wayne, you can use any name you want for any reason you want.
It is only in stupid groups like anecdotes where people are out of their
minds that
this is made an issue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:40:51p, cybercat meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used
>> to post on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not.
>> Now there can be no question.
>>
>> --

> It's Usenet, Wayne, you can use any name you want for any reason you
> want. It is only in stupid groups like anecdotes where people are out of
> their minds that
> this is made an issue.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright

An ounce of emotion is equal to a ton of facts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
> > Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:18:08p, Nancy Young meant to say...

> >> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
> >> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
> >> hilarious.

> > I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
> > didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

> Oh, it's okay, I am happy to have that off my mind. I don't know
> why anyone would be angry and I don't care.
>
> nancy

Oh, well I'm angry. I'm darn angry! LOL. <g>

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 03:03:44p, kilikini meant to say...

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>>
>> > Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 02:18:08p, Nancy Young meant to say...

>> > I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry.
>> > I didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

>> Oh, it's okay, I am happy to have that off my mind. I don't know
>> why anyone would be angry and I don't care.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Oh, well I'm angry. I'm darn angry! LOL. <g>

I knew you would be, kili. You're a hard-hearted woman! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

These shoes look like Frankenstein's hand-me-downs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Aug 2006 23:16:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
>been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
>"Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
>question.

I liked Thierry, too. )

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Aug 2006 23:16:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
>been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
>"Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
>question.

Thierry came into the channel once or twice, remember?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
> question.

I always wondered what happened to him.... now I know.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
said:

> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
> question.

Well, I'll be! I had no idea, Wayne. I remember "Thierry", but that
was quite a while ago, right?

--
"Kthonian" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that
>> have
>> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on
>> rfc as
>> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
>> question.

> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
> hilarious.
>
> nancy

Yes, I was really upset when he left without a trace, since I decided he'd
probably kicked the bucket. How 'bout that!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:35:12p, Helen Harrand meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used
>> to post on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not.
>> Now there can be no question.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright
>>
>> Cats must jump into the chair after their human
>> gets up to do something.
>>

> I remember Thierry also. I don't know why you'd apologize for what (I
> remember anyway) as being a good alter ego. Or maybe you're the alter
> ego......or maybe .........whatever. It's not my businezz. I just
> think you're a nice guy/girl/whatever now!

Thanks, Helen.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 04:27:30p, Kthonian meant to say...

> One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used
>> to post on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not.
>> Now there can be no question.

> Well, I'll be! I had no idea, Wayne. I remember "Thierry", but that
> was quite a while ago, right?

It's it was just over 3 years ago.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's hilarious.
>
> nancy

Wasn't it?!?! He wrote me last week confessing, after I posted one of
"Thierry's" recipes and mentioned he had been MIA....
Tooo funny
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
> didn't want to cause any hard feelings.

Why would anyone be angry? Some of us have used a few different nom de
plume while here I'm sorry you felt you had to confess now if you
weren't really ready?
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> I liked Thierry, too. )
>
> Carol

LOL, I recently posted one of his recipes I'd saved, and mentioned him
being MIA!!! Wayne kindly wrote me privately and confessed then and
reminded me of something I'd sent him in the mail once. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:32:51p, Goomba38 meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I guess I wasn't ready. And I was afraid some people might be angry. I
>> didn't want to cause any hard feelings.
>>

> Why would anyone be angry? Some of us have used a few different nom de
> plume while here I'm sorry you felt you had to confess now if you
> weren't really ready?
> Goomba

I'm okay with it, really. Not to worry.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08p, Goomba38 meant to say...

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> I liked Thierry, too. )
>>
>> Carol

> LOL, I recently posted one of his recipes I'd saved, and mentioned him
> being MIA!!! Wayne kindly wrote me privately and confessed then and
> reminded me of something I'd sent him in the mail once. LOL

You're a sweetheart, Carol.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote
>>
>>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>>> that have
>>> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post
>>> on rfc as
>>> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can
>>> be no
>>> question.

>> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
>> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
>> hilarious.
>>
>> nancy

> Yes, I was really upset when he left without a trace, since I decided
> he'd probably kicked the bucket. How 'bout that!
>
> Dora

I was afraid of the same and kept asking rfc'ers whether they had
heard from Thierry. He and I had become email friendly and I missed
him and worried about him. I guess that one of the people I asked
knew of his metamorphosis and told him how worried I was and within
minutes I heard from Thierry/Wayne, who felt that is was more
important to set my mind at ease than keep his new identity a secret.
That is so typical of Wayne/Thierry. He is a Mensch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08p, Goomba38 meant to say...
>
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>
>>> I liked Thierry, too. )
>>>
>>> Carol

>> LOL, I recently posted one of his recipes I'd saved, and mentioned him
>> being MIA!!! Wayne kindly wrote me privately and confessed then and
>> reminded me of something I'd sent him in the mail once. LOL

> You're a sweetheart, Carol.

<tapping foot> C A R O L ?????
LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Aug 2006 23:16:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that have
>been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc as
>"Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
>question.

I don't care what name you post under Wayne/Thierry
Gerbault/whatever... I am just glad you post and are an active member
of this newsgroup.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
> that have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on
> rfc as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be
> no
> question.

Well, there's still the question of whether or not you're telling the
truth.

Actually, I'm just kidding. I don't care at all.

Mordechai

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:00:38 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08p, Goomba38 meant to say...

>>> LOL, I recently posted one of his recipes I'd saved, and mentioned him
>>> being MIA!!! Wayne kindly wrote me privately and confessed then and
>>> reminded me of something I'd sent him in the mail once. LOL

>> You're a sweetheart, Carol.
>>

><tapping foot> C A R O L ?????
>LOL

So, as far as real names go, we know that you're not a Carol.

Carol, ever the sweetheart
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:19:14 GMT, "Mordechai Housman"
> wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
. 228.19...
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have
>> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on
>> rfc as
>> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be
>> no
>> question.

>Well, there's still the question of whether or not you're telling the
>truth.
>
>Actually, I'm just kidding. I don't care at all.

He's both guys. This I know.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that

have
> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on rfc

as
> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be no
> question.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Cats must jump into the chair after their human
> gets up to do something.

I remember Thierry also. I don't know why you'd apologize for what (I
remember anyway) as being a good alter ego. Or maybe you're the alter
ego......or maybe .........whatever. It's not my businezz. I just think
you're a nice guy/girl/whatever now!

helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> said:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 04:27:30p, Kthonian meant to say...
>
> > One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> > said:
> >
> >> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
> >> that have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used
> >> to post on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not.
> >> Now there can be no question.

> > Well, I'll be! I had no idea, Wayne. I remember "Thierry", but that
> > was quite a while ago, right?
> >

> It's it was just over 3 years ago.

Well, I like you no matter what name you use. Besides, as often as I
change my nick, I could hardly complain... :-)

--
"Kthonian" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:58:27p, Margaret Suran meant to say...

> limey wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>

>>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote

>>> NO WAY!!!! Why didn't you say when we said, where's Thierry, what
>>> happened to Thierry? I was so sad he was gone. (laugh) That's
>>> hilarious.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> Yes, I was really upset when he left without a trace, since I decided
>> he'd probably kicked the bucket. How 'bout that!
>>
>> Dora
>>

> I was afraid of the same and kept asking rfc'ers whether they had
> heard from Thierry. He and I had become email friendly and I missed
> him and worried about him. I guess that one of the people I asked
> knew of his metamorphosis and told him how worried I was and within
> minutes I heard from Thierry/Wayne, who felt that is was more
> important to set my mind at ease than keep his new identity a secret.
> That is so typical of Wayne/Thierry. He is a Mensch.

And you're always ever so kind, Margaret.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:22:16p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:00:38 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08p, Goomba38 meant to say...

>>> You're a sweetheart, Carol.
>>>

>><tapping foot> C A R O L ?????
>>LOL

> So, as far as real names go, we know that you're not a Carol.
>
> Carol, ever the sweetheart

LOL!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:00:38p, Goomba38 meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08p, Goomba38 meant to say...

>>> LOL, I recently posted one of his recipes I'd saved, and mentioned him
>>> being MIA!!! Wayne kindly wrote me privately and confessed then and
>>> reminded me of something I'd sent him in the mail once. LOL

>> You're a sweetheart, Carol.
>>

> <tapping foot> C A R O L ?????
> LOL

Now, now...

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:07:06p, Christine Dabney meant to say...

> On 17 Aug 2006 23:16:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions that
>>have been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post
>>on rfc as "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now
>>there can be no question.

> I don't care what name you post under Wayne/Thierry
> Gerbault/whatever... I am just glad you post and are an active member
> of this newsgroup.
>
> Christine

Thank you, Christine.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:19:14p, Mordechai Housman meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>> that have
>> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on
>> rfc as
>> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be
>> no question.

> Well, there's still the question of whether or not you're telling the
> truth.
>
> Actually, I'm just kidding. I don't care at all.
>
> Mordechai

A likely moniker, Mordechai Housman. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:24:39p, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:19:14 GMT, "Mordechai Housman"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
.228.19...
>>> In order to clear up any issues over recipes and their attributions
>>> that have
>>> been posted here, I suppose it's time I confess that I used to post on
>>> rfc as
>>> "Thierry Gerbault". Some of you knew, many did not. Now there can be
>>> no question.

>>Well, there's still the question of whether or not you're telling the
>>truth.
>>
>>Actually, I'm just kidding. I don't care at all.

> He's both guys. This I know.

You do, indeed.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:29:14p, Steve Wertz meant to say...

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:57:14 GMT, limey wrote:
>
>> Yes, I was really upset when he left without a trace, since I decided
>> he'd probably kicked the bucket. How 'bout that!

> I thought it was a woman <shrug>.
>
> -sw

Oh, well, you had a 50% chance of being right. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats must cuddle mom's dress shoes and drool in them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 06:40:27p, Kthonian meant to say...

> One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com>
> said:
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 17 Aug 2006 04:27:30p, Kthonian meant to say...

>> > Well, I'll be! I had no idea, Wayne. I remember "Thierry", but that
>> > was quite a while ago, right?
>> >

>> It's it was just over 3 years ago.

> Well, I like you no matter what name you use. Besides, as often as I
> change my nick, I could hardly complain... :-)

LOL! Thanks!

Confession Thomas Prufer Barbecue 2 25-10-2015 09:03 AM
confession Troll Disposal Service[_2_] General Cooking 1 26-07-2015 07:52 PM
The Confession Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 02-08-2011 07:44 PM
I need a confession from some of you Barry General Cooking 15 16-03-2007 04:04 PM
Confession Tara General Cooking 16 24-01-2006 10:40 PM