SPOONS

Default What else should I make????

Hi All,
I'm having my first ever Halloween party. There's going to be 30 people
(adults and kids). Here's what I'm thinking of making. I'm going to have
two long tables where all the food will all be, each plate will have a
little card indicating what it is. For instance: Chicken wings will be
"Bat Wings".
What else should I make? I don't think I have enough food.

Thanks in advance,
SPOONS

Halloween Menu

Savory

Chicken wings

Guacamole & Nachos

Salsa & Nachos

Cheeseball shaped like pumpkin with crackers

Black Olive Tapenade w/ croustines

Crab dip w/ crackers

Veggie plattter & onion dip

Fruit Platter & amaretto dip

Mixed nuts

Phyllo spinach triangles

Red pepper dip w/ crackers

Sweets

Witch's hat cookies

Cupcake with a spider on it

a cake in the share of a witch

Witch finger cookies

Peacan mini tarts - "cockroach tarts"

Phillsbury chocolate ghost cookies

SportKite1

>From: "SPOONS"

>What else should I make? I don't think I have enough food.

Oh, you have MORE than enough food. Sounds wonderful!

Ellen

A Ross

In article ers.com>,
"SPOONS" > wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm having my first ever Halloween party. There's going to be 30 people
> (adults and kids). Here's what I'm thinking of making. I'm going to have
> two long tables where all the food will all be, each plate will have a
> little card indicating what it is. For instance: Chicken wings will be
> "Bat Wings".
> What else should I make? I don't think I have enough food.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> SPOONS

You're going all out! Very creative. My Halloween party is at our rural
(no electricity) cabin, so fare will be pretty simple:

Chicken and biscuits
Sugar cookies (bats, ghosts, pumpkins, and cats)
Donuts
Apples
Cider, Hot Chocolate, Coffee
Beer
Guests will bring desserts--last year my MIL baked twelve pies for the
occasion. She owned a restaurant for 25 years, and she never got out of
the habit of cooking for a crowd.

I get enough pumpkins for all of the kids to carve one, and we'll "bob"
for donuts and play hide and seek come nightfall.
Tara

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:39:54 GMT, "SPOONS"
> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I'm having my first ever Halloween party. There's going to be 30 people
>(adults and kids). Here's what I'm thinking of making. I'm going to have
>two long tables where all the food will all be, each plate will have a
>little card indicating what it is. For instance: Chicken wings will be
>"Bat Wings".
>What else should I make? I don't think I have enough food.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>SPOONS
>
>Halloween Menu
>

>Savory
>
>Chicken wings
>
>Guacamole & Nachos
>
>Salsa & Nachos
>
>Cheeseball shaped like pumpkin with crackers
>
>Black Olive Tapenade w/ croustines
>
>Crab dip w/ crackers
>
>Veggie plattter & onion dip
>
>Fruit Platter & amaretto dip
>
>Mixed nuts
>
>Phyllo spinach triangles
>
>Red pepper dip w/ crackers
>

>Sweets
>
>Witch's hat cookies
>
>Cupcake with a spider on it
>
>a cake in the share of a witch
>
>Witch finger cookies
>
>Peacan mini tarts - "cockroach tarts"
>
>Phillsbury chocolate ghost cookies

It sounds like plenty of good food to me. If you do want to add
something, I suggest chili, finger sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups,
cocktail meatballs or weenies. How about some bean dip to go with the
salsa and guacamole?

Tara