Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Andy: Artisan bread

You remember that bread I love from Whole Foods, I got a
coupon in the mail today from Acme ... looks to me that
Pepperidge Farm has come out with a similar product.

Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 15 Aug
2006, typed out:

> You remember that bread I love from Whole Foods, I got a
> coupon in the mail today from Acme ... looks to me that
> Pepperidge Farm has come out with a similar product.
>
> Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
> figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
> try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.
>
> nancy

nancy,

That's good news, hopefully!

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 15 Aug
2006, typed out:

> You remember that bread I love from Whole Foods, I got a
> coupon in the mail today from Acme ... looks to me that
> Pepperidge Farm has come out with a similar product.
>
> Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
> figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
> try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.
>
> nancy

nancy,

I found the Pepperidge Farm artisan bread you mentioned at the ACME. They
only had the French bagette mini loaves and whole wheat dinner rolls. I
bought a bag of the French bagette mini loaves.

Haven't tried it yet. I've been too busy musgovian dining the last couple
of days.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 15 Aug
> 2006, typed out:

>> Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
>> figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
>> try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.

> I found the Pepperidge Farm artisan bread you mentioned at the ACME. They
> only had the French bagette mini loaves and whole wheat dinner rolls. I
> bought a bag of the French bagette mini loaves.

Oh! That's what I got, too. I hope you had the coupon. I haven't
made it yet, it's pleasant out but I'm not sure I want to fire up the oven.

I hope it's good, cause it sure is pricey.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Okay... what, exactly are the fine people at Pepperidge Farm selling as
"artisan bread"?

To me, an artisan bread is the sort of bread that requires multiple
risings over at least two days, has no preservatives, and generally
doesn't keep long enough to ship out in fancy sealed wrappers.

mike
http://smsfr.blogspot.com

"Some get high on airplane glue... detergents... fancy gimmicks. My
satori is this: Zen in the art of buttering bread!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ke8yy, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 17 Aug 2006,
typed out:

> Okay... what, exactly are the fine people at Pepperidge Farm selling as
> "artisan bread"?
>
> To me, an artisan bread is the sort of bread that requires multiple
> risings over at least two days, has no preservatives, and generally
> doesn't keep long enough to ship out in fancy sealed wrappers.
>
> mike
> http://smsfr.blogspot.com

mike,

I haven't a clue! Nancy Young shared a brand of frozen loaves of
"artisan" bread that she enjoyed from Whole Foods, so I got curious but I
couldn't find it at my Whole Foods. To make a long story short, it's
become a friendly private joke of a sort between us.

I don't know artisan from wonder. I just took Nancy's word for it. She
shared with the group and I accepted her word.

All the best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 17 Aug
2006, typed out:

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 15
>> Aug 2006, typed out:

>>> Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
>>> figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
>>> try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.

>> I found the Pepperidge Farm artisan bread you mentioned at the ACME.
>> They only had the French bagette mini loaves and whole wheat dinner
>> rolls. I bought a bag of the French bagette mini loaves.

> Oh! That's what I got, too. I hope you had the coupon. I haven't
> made it yet, it's pleasant out but I'm not sure I want to fire up the
> oven.
>
> I hope it's good, cause it sure is pricey.
>
> nancy

nancy,

I didn't have the coupon but I did get a freebie roll of paper towels
checkout coupon though.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 17 Aug
2006, typed out:

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 15
>> Aug 2006, typed out:

>>> Being as the coupon is for $4 off 1 package of 2 loaves, I
>>> figure that's about how much it's going to cost. I'm going to
>>> try it, I'll report back if it's comparable.

>> I found the Pepperidge Farm artisan bread you mentioned at the ACME.
>> They only had the French bagette mini loaves and whole wheat dinner
>> rolls. I bought a bag of the French bagette mini loaves.

> Oh! That's what I got, too. I hope you had the coupon. I haven't
> made it yet, it's pleasant out but I'm not sure I want to fire up the
> oven.
>
> I hope it's good, cause it sure is pricey.
>
> nancy

nancy,

I baked a loaf of it this morning. It's very good! Verging on sour dough
as it's got some tang. I also did a pork tenderloin which I've been
sandwiching inbetween slices of it as I sit and wait for golf and
football.

My compliments!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> nancy,
>
> I baked a loaf of it this morning. It's very good! Verging on sour dough
> as it's got some tang. I also did a pork tenderloin which I've been
> sandwiching inbetween slices of it as I sit and wait for golf and
> football.
>
> My compliments!

Yay! I haven't had an opportunity to make one yet. This week,
for sure.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Monmouth Internet Newsgroups, after taking an infinite amount of time,
finally, on 20 Aug 2006, typed out:

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> nancy,
>>
>> I baked a loaf of it this morning. It's very good! Verging on sour

dough
>> as it's got some tang. I also did a pork tenderloin which I've been
>> sandwiching inbetween slices of it as I sit and wait for golf and
>> football.
>>
>> My compliments!

> Yay! I haven't had an opportunity to make one yet. This week,
> for sure.
>
> nancy

nancy,

Also, the crust is wonderfully crunchy!

BTW, your name has reverted to Monmouth..., please fix that!??

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Monmouth Internet Newsgroups, after taking an infinite amount of time,
> finally, on 20 Aug 2006, typed out:

> BTW, your name has reverted to Monmouth..., please fix that!??

It'll be fine when I figure out what's up with comcast.

nancy

How do you eat your artisan bread? Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 93 28-08-2012 05:45 PM
FOLO: Artisan Bread Michael Horowitz General Cooking 8 10-11-2009 05:29 PM
Artisan Bread Deb Recipes (moderated) 0 16-06-2008 03:08 AM
Artisan Simple Crusty Bread Debbie[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 10-06-2008 02:59 AM
Artisan Bread DVD HUTCHNDI Sourdough 13 14-02-2005 01:41 AM