Old 15-08-2006, 03:59 AM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Bourdain Beirut Already on Travel Channel

I was watching this evening's Travel Channel repeat of Anthony
Bourdain's No Reservations in China when there was an ad for next
weeks show: Beirut. Pretty damn fast turn around, just about a
month(?). Should be interesting, though I suspect the food content may
be minimal.

Paraphrased tag line from memory, No Reservations: Beirut -- the show
they never intended to make.

Old 15-08-2006, 04:27 AM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

In article , Jed
wrote:

I was watching this evening's Travel Channel repeat of Anthony
Bourdain's No Reservations in China when there was an ad for next
weeks show: Beirut. Pretty damn fast turn around, just about a
month(?). Should be interesting, though I suspect the food content may
be minimal.

Paraphrased tag line from memory, No Reservations: Beirut -- the show
they never intended to make.

It's been in my DVR list for recording for several days. Exact title is"

"Bourdain in Beirut"

It follows a regular "No Reservations" episode. On Monday, Aug 21st.

--Tim May
Old 16-08-2006, 02:42 AM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Tim May wrote:
It's been in my DVR list for recording for several days. Exact title is"

"Bourdain in Beirut"

Thanks for reminding me.

(...Jeopardy music...)

Done.

--Blair
Old 17-08-2006, 04:39 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Jed wrote:
I was watching this evening's Travel Channel repeat of Anthony
Bourdain's No Reservations in China when there was an ad for next
weeks show: Beirut. Pretty damn fast turn around, just about a
month(?). Should be interesting, though I suspect the food content may
be minimal.

Paraphrased tag line from memory, No Reservations: Beirut -- the show
they never intended to make.

His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

Karen

Old 17-08-2006, 04:43 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:

His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

No way! She's the good girl next door.. he's the sexy bad boy on the
block you lose your virginity to! LOL

Old 17-08-2006, 04:48 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" wrote

Karen wrote:

His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

No way! She's the good girl next door.. he's the sexy bad boy on the block
you lose your virginity to! LOL

Really funny, too, considering all the snarky comments he makes about
her. For instance, on his show in Puerto Rico, he walks by a tourist
trap restaurant and says (close enough), if I was doing a Rachel Ray
show, I'd go in here!

At any rate, he's not my type at all, but there's just something about
him.

nancy

Old 17-08-2006, 04:56 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Oh, and someone made me spell Rachael wrong.

I think it was Burger King.

nancy

Old 17-08-2006, 05:40 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:
His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

Karen

He just seems dirty to me. And not dirty in a naughty way...

-L.

Old 17-08-2006, 06:01 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Really funny, too, considering all the snarky comments he makes about
her. For instance, on his show in Puerto Rico, he walks by a tourist
trap restaurant and says (close enough), if I was doing a Rachel Ray
show, I'd go in here!

Yeah, he's always remarking about RR. I think he likes her.

At any rate, he's not my type at all, but there's just something about
him.

Yeah.

Karen

Old 17-08-2006, 06:31 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:
Jed wrote:
I was watching this evening's Travel Channel repeat of Anthony
Bourdain's No Reservations in China when there was an ad for next
weeks show: Beirut. Pretty damn fast turn around, just about a
month(?). Should be interesting, though I suspect the food content may
be minimal.

Paraphrased tag line from memory, No Reservations: Beirut -- the show
they never intended to make.

His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

I liked the China episode of "No Reservations" a lot too. Did you
notice that, when he was getting his ear canal "cleaned," by that guy
with the long, sharp metal implement, he said, "Watch - a Rachel Ray
fan is gonna walk by and jab that thing into my head!"

I think Bourdain is the anti-Rachel Ray in that he's genuinely
opinionated; lets the viewer know if he really likes or dislikes
something he eats -- although he seemed to like pretty much everything
he ate in the China episode. His reaction to the Chinese liquor was
pretty funny; "That's pretty much paint thinner," etc.

Old 17-08-2006, 07:23 PM posted to ba.food,rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:

Karen wrote:
His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

Karen

He just seems dirty to me. And not dirty in a naughty way...

At least he's cleaner than that FILTHY ghetto mouth of yours...

--
Best
Greg

Old 17-08-2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:56:28 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Oh, and someone made me spell Rachael wrong.

I think it was Burger King.

That *******!

Carol
Old 18-08-2006, 01:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:43:07 -0400, Goomba38
wrote:

Karen wrote:

His China show was so interesting. He's about as adventurous food-wise
as one can get. Plus, and I can't put my finger on it why, he's so
cute. He's the Rachel Ray male counterpart celebrity chef.

No way! She's the good girl next door.. he's the sexy bad boy on the
block you lose your virginity to! LOL

I'd be willing to bet that you'd get spanked if you told Bourdain he
was in any way similar to RR.
--
modom

"Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."

--Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook